testtest

GUN CLEANING: FIVE THINGS YOU'RE DOING WRONG

Good article especially for the new gun owners out there, some good points.

Meh.

1911's prefer good Lub in the correct spots (oh yes!, me too) and I doubt few if any do this; firearms are stored barrel down so that any excess lub does not run into the stock area.

Don't forget to check your safe queens to make sure that they stay rust free. Guns in long-term storage need attention as well as the ones you shoot regularly. Wipe them down inside and out, and don't forget to put an oily patch down the barrel as well. If humidity is an issue in your area of the county this can be a constant battle.

Don't forget to check your safe queens to make sure that they stay rust free. Guns in long-term storage need attention as well as the ones you shoot regularly. Wipe them down inside and out, and don't forget to put an oily patch down the barrel as well. If humidity is an issue in your area of the county this can be a constant battle.
I used to use a product called RIG, it was a grease that you used on guns for long term storage, don’t know if it’s still made.

I used to use a product called RIG, it was a grease that you used on guns for long term storage, don’t know if it’s still made.

Yup, Rig gun grease is available. Have got a shotgun in long term storage that's disassembled and covered with grease, been so long forgot what grease was used. Could've been Rig? Check on it once in awhile, is ok so far.

Rig gun grease link:

Yup, Rig gun grease is available. Have got a shotgun in long term storage that's disassembled and covered with grease, been so long forgot what grease was used. Could've been Rig? Check on it once in awhile, is ok so far.

Rig gun grease link:
I still have some of that around Rig gun grease

Thanks for the refresher Anni, Is a good short to the point article.

"We'll just call him Bob" cracked me up!

- "Arnold" may have been better though?
Sorry KF, he's in retirement? :)

Remember good old Arnold of Green Acres fame?

Classic TV Shows - Green Acres| FiftiesWeb

Rig gun grease link:
What shotgun?

I don’t get to shoot much so I am definitely still a new gun owner in my eyes, and this was an excellent article. I’ve read a ton of articles and watch videos on gun cleaning this is the first one that put it in perspective. Huge thanks for posting.

Always stored my rifles barrel down, got this tip when I shot benchrest competition years ago
I always do this with my muzzleloader for a week or so after cleaning, then up righted it. I haven't shot it in years now because it's a cap and I moved to PA many years ago which only allowed flintlock for hunting ... until just a few years ago. Still clean and oil it.

Back