testtest

Gun control in CA

:unsure: ^ I knew he didn't like me. โ˜น๏ธ
A lot of that going around this thread ๐Ÿ˜‚
6DAC691C-6BC7-4ED5-9696-32F629F44DEB.jpeg

I call bullsh8t on this whole "Ghost Gun" crap. 1) If you don't have the patience, the skill, the mechanical aptitude, or the tools to do this, you will fail. Most of your criminals DON'T. 2) They say "Oh, in 45 minutes you could have a fully functional firearm". That is a crock. In order to do it right, so that it actually works, you have to take your time. If just one thing goes wrong, you have an expensive paper weight. 3) It is NOT a guarantee that once you get it all done, that it will function reliably, safely, or function at all. The G19 is based on the Gen 3 Glock, which had problems to begin with. Companies sell these kits, Glock makes millions on what they know is an unreliable model. If you have the time, patience, and extra money, you can have a reliable firearm. If not, you have wasted your time and money. These idiots make it sound like a 5 year old could pump out "killer assault guns" every 30 to 45 minutes. They don't know their azz from a hole in the ground. I would challenge any of these "geniuses" to prove it.

I call bullsh8t on this whole "Ghost Gun" crap. 1) If you don't have the patience, the skill, the mechanical aptitude, or the tools to do this, you will fail. Most of your criminals DON'T. 2) They say "Oh, in 45 minutes you could have a fully functional firearm". That is a crock. In order to do it right, so that it actually works, you have to take your time. If just one thing goes wrong, you have an expensive paper weight. 3) It is NOT a guarantee that once you get it all done, that it will function reliably, safely, or function at all. The G19 is based on the Gen 3 Glock, which had problems to begin with. Companies sell these kits, Glock makes millions on what they know is an unreliable model. If you have the time, patience, and extra money, you can have a reliable firearm. If not, you have wasted your time and money. These idiots make it sound like a 5 year old could pump out "killer assault guns" every 30 to 45 minutes. They don't know their azz from a hole in the ground. I would challenge any of these "geniuses" to prove it.
They have to have something new to scare the bejesus outta of the uneducated so Ghost Guns become the sacred cow. The sheeple can fear the narrative that every bad guy can now build his own untraceable gun and wreck havoc on society with impunity. Hey it was on facebook and you all know that if its on the internet, its got to be true.

They have to have something new to scare the bejesus outta of the uneducated so Ghost Guns become the sacred cow. The sheeple can fear the narrative that every bad guy can now build his own untraceable gun and wreck havoc on society with impunity. Hey it was on facebook and you all know that if its on the internet, its got to be true.
I don't know if its a good sign that the AWB is going to be nuked by SCOTUS if ghost guns are the new boogeyman.

And we got to keep in mind that criminals in many cities caught with illegal guns, are getting off with slaps on the wrist.

I have to admit, I know a lot of guys into firearms (my entire customer base), and I've never heard of any of them even mention a ghost gun, let alone show one off to me (and there is ALWAYS showing off the latest toy acquired amongst us).

I have to admit, I know a lot of guys into firearms (my entire customer base), and I've never heard of any of them even mention a ghost gun, let alone show one off to me (and there is ALWAYS showing off the latest toy acquired amongst us).
Ghost gun is a ambiguous term created by Democrats in a nutshell.

I don't know if your customers have maybe shown off a 3D printed lower but that is what scares the Democrat, given they already have fear mongered a little about "garage guns".

It seems overall that Democrats are trying to stop folks creating their own guns at home.

In the simplest terms a "Ghost gun" is any firearm without a serial #. Those who oppose them today are totally ignorant of the fact that 'Ghost guns' have been legal to be home made by any citizen since the country was founded. It's only with the advent and proliferation of the kits being sold today that has raised the issue to where it is. Most, or many of what are being termed "Ghost guns" today are derived from these kits and some are those with serial #'s having been removed from a factory firearm.

Any firearm without a serial #, whether a scratch built 'home made' firearm, a kit built firearm (80% +- which is also a homemade firearm), or a factory firearm with the serial # removed, only one is technically illegal currently. The one with the factory # removed. Regardless of the fact that homemade firearms have been and still are legal since the founding, the nay sawyers are lumping them all together for the shock effect. Much on the same scale as when they coined the term 'Assault Rifle/Weapon'.

I know what a ghost gun is...no offense...it's just that none of the 200-or-so guys I call on every week/month that shoot have ever even mentioned a home-made firearm of any type. I certainly don't understand the attraction. Admittedly I do not call on bangers and gun criminals...just gun guys (contractors in a specific industry). How much does a 3D printer cost? 15 years ago they were $40k...I know they are less now, but how many guys who can afford a $25k 3D printer can't pass a background check, and how many of them are out murdering people with home-made guns?

My intent is to imply that this is not the issue it is being made out to be, as some of us already know...

However, if the left is successful in making it illegal for me to buy a firearm, maybe I'll be buying a 3D printer!

Can you print ammo?:ROFLMAO: Now there's the ticket...

I know what a ghost gun is...no offense...it's just that none of the 200-or-so guys I call on every week/month that shoot have ever even mentioned a home-made firearm of any type. I certainly don't understand the attraction. Admittedly I do not call on bangers and gun criminals...just gun guys (contractors in a specific industry). How much does a 3D printer cost? 15 years ago they were $40k...I know they are less now, but how many guys who can afford a $25k 3D printer can't pass a background check, and how many of them are out murdering people with home-made guns?

My intent is to imply that this is not the issue it is being made out to be, as some of us already know...

However, if the left is successful in making it illegal for me to buy a firearm, maybe I'll be buying a 3D printer!

Maybe with all the negative press going on, none of them want to out themselves as having built a firearm. Or it just isn't something that interests them. It isn't for everybody. It also isn't any cheaper than buying a manufactured firearm. It can actually cost more to build than to buy. These are things that are more for the tinkerer, mechanically inclined, and/or someone who enjoys the challenge of building something and having it actually work as it should. I have built one, and I shoot it from time to time. It is not my EDC, nor is it something I rely on for home/self defense. In a pinch, I probably could, but I am putting my trust in the the ones I buy from a reliable manufacturer. Smith and Wesson, Springfield, etc. I have rebuilt motors, transmissions, front ends, brake systems, etc. I have built about 10 computers to date, since 2002. I have modified my smoker/grill, riding mower, etc. So, a firearm is right in my wheelhouse. And it is just so darn satisfying to say " I built this, and it works great". I wouldn't trust a 3D printed frame, as it lacks the steel or aluminum backbone in the frame itself.

I've seen a couple, both were AR style. One is a gun enthusiast and the other is the brother of gun parts reseller. Both said that they did it because they could custom build it how they like and save a few hundred bucks. Both tuned out very nice. But it was not just purchase a bunch of parts and throw them together. They both spent alot of time on design, research, and assembly.

My son just bought a 3D printer for $180. Obviously its lowest quality ones available but prices have dropped dramatically. You can buy a pretty capable unit for under $500...

I've seen a couple, both were AR style. One is a gun enthusiast and the other is the brother of gun parts reseller. Both said that they did it because they could custom build it how they like and save a few hundred bucks. Both tuned out very nice. But it was not just purchase a bunch of parts and throw them together. They both spent alot of time on design, research, and assembly.
Well, except that 80% lower receivers generally cost more than a regular stripped receiver.

My son just bought a 3D printer for $180. Obviously its lowest quality ones available but prices have dropped dramatically. You can buy a pretty capable unit for under $500...
Thats insane! My engineering department bought a printer in about 2007 that cost almost $50k, and was the size of a very large gun cabinet. The plastic spools of thread for printing cost almost $400 each, and it would take 2 of them for enough material to print a model the size of a lower receiver. And, these plastic parts were NOT strong at all...things have certainly changed. I work elsewhere now and no longer work with those guys directly...

I'm under the impression that the majority of what the 'Naysayers' are referring to as "Ghost gun" are those derived from the 80% receivers/kits rather than the few printed on 3D printers.

I think Cody Wilson has pretty much shown the 3D printer versions, and most especially the one-offs from the cheaper civilian version printers are not really up to the task. Yes, there has been a few that would actually discharge a typically .22 cal cartridge, but they were not reliable and often as not actually dangerous.

I'm sure there may be one or two that won't fit this description, but they're rare enough they aren't likely to be seen in very many, if any crime scenes. (y)(y)(y)

Back