testtest

Gun Owners of America sounding alarm on Treasury Department

Funny, I heard Ann Wagner ( Missouri republican from the next district over from me) call Yellen out over this just yesterday. And she has had a contingent on Yellen since Biden signed the law in 2021 ( not supposed to take effect until I think 2026) which allows the treasury dept. to pull this crap. The same law that will have treasury looking at all transactions over $600 ( Zelle, PayPal, whatever). Wagner had her stuttering. Not sure what the GOA has to do with it. It is awful funny this story comes out the day after Wagner rips into her. :rolleyes:

Google Ann Wagner grills Janet Yellen. She's been on her since the beginning.

Not sure what the GOA has to do with it. It is awful funny this story comes out the day after Wagner rips into her.
This has been slated with GOA for some time, since all these unlawful government maneuvers came to light, long before this banking committee meeting was scheduled. If there's a fight to protect our 2A rights, GOA is in the fray. Your dislike of GOA is unfortunate.

This has been slated with GOA for some time, since all these unlawful government maneuvers came to light, long before this banking committee meeting was scheduled. If there's a fight to protect our 2A rights, GOA is in the fray. Your dislike of GOA is unfortunate.

You mean since 2021 when dems held both houses and passed the American rescue act or whatever the F the dems called it ? Because before that POS passed Ann Wagner was very vocal about what a bunch of crap it was. Democrats were in control and it passed. The same bill that allows treasury to go after all transactions above $600 is the one that allows Yellen to urge financial institutions to red flag purchases based on code words. Words like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Dicks, the bible, MAGA, etc..

I applaud GOA for standing up for us, but don't you think the day after Ann Wagner goes viral for railing Yellen over it and ends up all over all the news programs, the GOA sliding in urging senators to do something about it smells a little funny ?

You mean since 2021 when dems held both houses and passed the American rescue act or whatever the F the dems called it ? Because before that POS passed Ann Wagner was very vocal about what a bunch of crap it was. Democrats were in control and it passed. The same bill that allows treasury to go after all transactions above $600 is the one that allows Yellen to urge financial institutions to red flag purchases based on code words. Words like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Dicks, the bible, MAGA, etc..

I applaud GOA for standing up for us, but don't you think the day after Ann Wagner goes viral for railing Yellen over it and ends up all over all the news programs, the GOA sliding in urging senators to do something about it smells a little funny ?
I don't give a rat's hat when Ann Wagner ripped in to Yellen, or when GOA gets some press. No, nothing smells funny. What both of these occurrences smell like to me is support. Period. I'm very thankful for both. I may be errant, but it seems you hold little respect for GOA, and of course that's fine, just unfortunate for our cause. In regards to the 2021 debacle, the Honorable Ann Wagner wasn't the only soldier in derision of the hypocrisy. Always remember: we fight together, or we lose. I'm on your side. . .

I don't give a rat's hat when Ann Wagner ripped in to Yellen, or when GOA gets some press. No, nothing smells funny. What both of these occurrences smell like to me is support. Period. I'm very thankful for both. I may be errant, but it seems you hold little respect for GOA, and of course that's fine, just unfortunate for our cause. In regards to the 2021 debacle, the Honorable Ann Wagner wasn't the only soldier in derision of the hypocrisy. Always remember: we fight together, or we lose. I'm on your side. . .
Hmm. Now why does that sound familiar ?
:unsure:

Oh, I remember now. When the GOA as well as some of their members here were making comments like “ where’s the NRA” when the fact was not only were NRA lawyers filing amicus briefs, but NRA money was funding the lawsuits.

I’m all in for supporting all pro gun organizations, but I’m not blind or stupid and some of the newcomers made it their business to attack the NRA over more than WLP in a clear effort to take off some of their membership.

Between that and the fact that GOA sends twice as many emails begging for money than I ever got from the NRA ( and many here spent much time chastising the NRA for begging for money) and click bait BS stories and scare tactics is enough for me to conclude F the GOA. Y’all go ahead though. 😉

Blind and stupid? I'm sorry you feel the desire to hook such negativity to me. Thank you.

Blind and stupid? I'm sorry you feel the desire to hook such negativity to me. Thank you.
I never implied you were either. I was talking about myself. Everything ain’t about you dude.

Just another example of the GOA trying to take credit for everything and get themselves some cred.

Fox News Digital's exclusive report on the surveillance revealed that FinCEN provided materials to financial institutions suggesting they search and filter Americans’ financial data using keywords and search terms, as well as merchant category codes to aid law enforcement in identifying persons of interest ahead of the Jan. 20, 2021 inauguration — weeks after the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol protests.

The terms and codes were discovered as part of a House Judiciary Committee and Subcommittee on Weaponization of the Federal Government investigation. The committees obtained documents indicating that MCC codes were used to query transactions like: "3484: Small Arms," "5091: Sporting and Recreational Goods and Supplies" and the keywords "Cabela’s," "Dick’s Sporting Goods" and "Bass Pro Shops," among others.

The House Judiciary Committee also obtained documents revealing that FinCEN warned financial institutions that an "extremism indicator" could be "the purchase of books (including religious texts)," like the Bible, and subscriptions to certain media "containing extremist views."

Back