testtest

Gun rights for illegals?

Hi,

I believe in basic human rights, treat each other with dignity, compassion, and charity. But the rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America are for American citizens only.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Yet, quite a few of these illegals dont respect dignity, compassion and basic human rights.
Why do we insist on changing our laws to benefit others. They should abide by our laws as part of being here

This is going to be interesting to see how it shakes out. Aliens, both legal and illegal, are subject to our laws. A quick search seems to show that their rights are also protected by our constitution. Remember, our inalienable rights are bestowed upon us by our Creator and not the gub'mint. Therefore, everyone has the same rights, but the US is different in that the Founders protected those rights from the gub'mint intrusion. So technically, an illegal alien should have the right to bear arms, but do they have the right to own a firearm since there are certain restrictions on owning one?
There's a lot of unanswered questions with this one.

They’d get the martha’s vineyard treatment. Gone in 18 hours.
That was some of the funniest stuff i ever seen, them suckers was talkin all that trash about we should bring them here and we were all racist, then after a couple busloads of em they started bitchin to high heaven. coming up with all kinds of reasons they couldn't stay there. i laughed my butt off. Buncha hypocrites

That was some of the funniest stuff i ever seen, them suckers was talkin all that trash about we should bring them here and we were all racist, then after a couple busloads of em they started bitchin to high heaven. coming up with all kinds of reasons they couldn't stay there. i laughed my butt off. Buncha hypocrites
Our governor here in nj was talking big about welcoming the “migrants” etc… well, his tune changed when the idiot mayor in nyc suggested shipping them across the river to here. He was very much against that and his response was a resounding, “no”.

The only way for him to acquire a gun "legally" would be to LIE on the 4473. Or, he purchased the gun ILLEGALLY. There is no other way. So, he should be in prison right now.
Why do you say that. Some dude could have sold it to him. There's no law against private sales. The onus is on the government to prove that the seller knew the person he was selling the gun to was a prohibited person.

Why do you say that. Some dude could have sold it to him. There's no law against private sales. The onus is on the government to prove that the seller knew the person he was selling the gun to was a prohibited person.
Purchase

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any firearm for 72 hours after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police. The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer’s FOID number.

No, not if they are illegal aliens... They are neither citizens nor green-carded and have no such right guaranteed.:mad:
I think you'll find there are several exceptions to what you're thinking here ... I'm pretty sure it's decided that even illegals who are under the jurisdiction and/or protection of the US gov't, they are provided certain guaranteed rights. It appears from a very recent ruling, the 2nd is one of them.

Most FFL transactions require some form of ID and proof of address. That would be a state issued DL, CC permit, voter ID card, and a state issued hunting license. I'm sure there are other forms of ID that people use.
I'd be willing to bet that having a future court date to determine asylum status will cover it. And as long as they're waiting for that court date (some as far away as 8+ years) they are considered under the jurisdiction and protection of the gov't. It even says somewhere that an illegal migrant having been in the country for 7 or more years and having established substantial (?, not certain of that being the qualifier word ) contacts, they would qualify.

Purchase

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any firearm for 72 hours after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police. The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer’s FOID number.
Wolf, you do realize that not all states require even a FOID don't you? In a state where one is not required, a private sale could occur very easily assuming the buyer was not a 'prohibited' person'. The law typically does say something to the effect that the sale cannot legally take place if the seller knows the prospective buyer is a prohibited person or if the seller should have known.

Back