testtest

Gunbroker

I’ve done that once or twice myself…

It's funny. I generally don't do stuff like that, particularly with guitar or music equipment sales which go through PayPal. Seems a little less than on the up and up screwing them out of their fees. Even though I hate them and hate using them. I never would have asked this guy to do it, but since he offered and since I have been trying to get this shotgun for a few months I didn't think twice.

Last edited:
Transaction completed. I contacted the seller ( after looking and making sure they had a website and were legit) and asked a question about the firearm and the process buying through GB. He replied and offered to send me a link to his website, saving me out of state sales tax and him the GB fees.
Bassbob, think about adding extra insurance for the shipping. This time of the year many shipped items tend to disappear. I read horror stories all the time about the poor performance of the various carriers.

It's funny. I generally don't so stuff like that, particularly with guitar or music equipment sales which go through PayPal. Seems a little less than on the up and up screwing them out of their fees. Even though I hate them and hate using them. I never would have asked this guy to do it, but since he offered and since I have been trying to get this shotgun for a few months I didn't think twice.
M4?

Nah, couldn't come up with the scratch for that right now. Plus I would have had to turn around and dump another grand in upgrades to get it like I want it. I got the newest iteration of the Beretta 1301 Tactical 7+1 with pistol grip and enhanced/enlarged controls.
I was half considering a Tavor TS12 the other day…PSA, I think, had them for $1200 on Black Friday…

I was half considering a Tavor TS12 the other day…PSA, I think, had them for $1200 on Black Friday…
That seems to be the going rate currently for the black ones. I paid $1300 for mine about a year ago. My buddy just bought a factory left hand version in OD Green for $1300.

You should jump on it. It's a great shotgun even if it is a little too awkward to serve as a bedside HD shotgun. They say to break them in with heavy loads, but I threw everything including the kitchen sink at it right off the bat and so far I've put close to 1000 through it with zero hiccups.

I haven't had/have any with them, but Guns America several times. Direct contact with the GS had saved me CC fees for the most part. Even with that added it still was cheaper than other places I've found the same item. The only place that was a PITA was Impact Guns! Anything but gun purchase from them was fast and fine.

I am in contact with the seller as we speak. Coincidentally my state is the last one in the country to hold out on collecting sales tax on internet sales. They have passed the law, just haven't yet implemented the protocol.

This seller isn't charging a CC fee or shipping charges and is a legitimate. store front, gun shop.

Hoping it all works out.
I always make sure that the seller is a legitimate store front. I’ve bought quite few guns from GuBroker in the past year or so with no problems at all and always for cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

I'm not a store and I've sold a few on there. I've bought several also. I won't use anti-gun, meddling paypal so the buyers had to mail a USPS money order to me first, and they did!
The guns I got, (one from a private seller, no store) were fine, or better than described. My new Hellcat RDP was picked up there for $819 total.
I wouldn't have to go there if Craig's list, ebay, the local papers and everyone else weren't anti-freedom firearm bigots.

Look closely at the pictures, if there's a flaw the seller generally takes a closeup of it.
Gunbroker is ok by me.

In prior years I've had good experiences with gunbroker.com buying and selling, but this year...sheesh!

I had two buyers win auctions for the same pistol* I listed but I let them off the hook (nice guy that I am) because they didn't realize how expensive shipping was (even though I wrote in the ad that shipping was prohibitive); I don't live near a reliable FFL so I'm forced--by postal standards and Gunbroker's rules--to ship handguns overnight through FedEx or UPS--they each wanted over $110 for shipping. My advice to buyers/bidders is to ask before you bid what the potential shipping charges will be to your locale/FFL.

After the third auction ended without a buyer, I got my bill from Gunbroker--they charged me for three separate listings (even though their relisting instructions don't mention that) and they billed me for tax for the unsold pistol! It was a terrible experience working with their Customer Service department** where it became so bad I contested the fees with my bank so my credit card was eventually credited.

I'll continue buying through Gunbroker, but as a seller...never again.

*I relisted it a total of three times.
**They'll only reply via terse e-mails; usually the first response is canned so you'll end up sending follow-up ones for specific answers. I got their phone number--which at the time was nowhere to be found on their website--through my bank when I contested their charges, but when I called I got an un-identified voicemail message; they never returned my calls.

In prior years I've had good experiences with gunbroker.com buying and selling, but this year...sheesh!

I had two buyers win auctions for the same pistol* I listed but I let them off the hook (nice guy that I am) because they didn't realize how expensive shipping was (even though I wrote in the ad that shipping was prohibitive); I don't live near a reliable FFL so I'm forced--by postal standards and Gunbroker's rules--to ship handguns overnight through FedEx or UPS--they each wanted over $110 for shipping. My advice to buyers/bidders is to ask before you bid what the potential shipping charges will be to your locale/FFL.

After the third auction ended without a buyer, I got my bill from Gunbroker--they charged me for three separate listings (even though their relisting instructions don't mention that) and they billed me for tax for the unsold pistol! It was a terrible experience working with their Customer Service department** where it became so bad I contested the fees with my bank so my credit card was eventually credited.

I'll continue buying through Gunbroker, but as a seller...never again.

*I relisted it a total of three times.
**They'll only reply via terse e-mails; usually the first response is canned so you'll end up sending follow-up ones for specific answers. I got their phone number--which at the time was nowhere to be found on their website--through my bank when I contested their charges, but when I called I got an un-identified voicemail message; they never returned my calls.
It's the same way with ebay and paypal. Buying isn't too horrible, being the seller is a PITA.

Anyone have experience buying on Gunbroker ? Someone on there has a shotgun I want and my inclination is to wait and find it from an internet vendor, but that's because I have never bought anything there and I'm not familiar with the process.

Late to the party, but I agree with all of those who have reported positive experiences. I have bought at least 9 guns with zero problems. If the pictures are not clear enough ask the seller to either put up better pictures or email better pictures. I have had one situation where the pictures were not clear enough and when I received better pictures the gun had considerable light surface rust that had not been clear in the original pictures.

Sellers also have transaction ratings you should pay attention to. Remember if you are not a FFL and they are shipping the gun it is going to end up at a LGS and they are going to want a transfer fee. Different LGSs have different charges so you should shop that around as well.

Late to the party, but I agree with all of those who have reported positive experiences. I have bought at least 9 guns with zero problems. If the pictures are not clear enough ask the seller to either put up better pictures or email better pictures. I have had one situation where the pictures were not clear enough and when I received better pictures the gun had considerable light surface rust that had not been clear in the original pictures.

Sellers also have transaction ratings you should pay attention to. Remember if you are not a FFL and they are shipping the gun it is going to end up at a LGS and they are going to want a transfer fee. Different LGSs have different charges so you should shop that around as well.
I'm not new to internet gun sales by any stretch of the imagination. In fact probably 7 of the last 10 guns I bought were internet sales. I have a good relationship with my favorite LGS and they have handled all my transfers. From the cruising around on GB I did after I opened an account there and started this thread, I am far less hesitant about it now. I have an aversion to bidding on things, but there are plenty of BIN options. The guy I bought the 1301T from the other day is a really nice guy who owns a small, mom and pop store in Illinois he runs with his wife. And he specializes in weird and hard to get stuff, which is right up my alley.

My LGS is closed on Sunday and Monday so I had to wait until this morning and call them to have them email him a copy of their FFL. I called him a little later to make sure he got it and we ended up on the phone for a good 15 minutes. In fact he told me a handgun I've been after for a long time is currently in his distributor listings. Meaning I can order the gun and it would be there in a couple weeks. That's the kind of friend I need. :). I see me doing a lot of business with him in the future. And he gave me a really good price on the Beretta. Insured and shipped it was $50 less than the lowest price I've found from anyone else. No CC fees and no tax. By the time it's over with, including the transfer it's still less than the base price anyone on-line besides Botach has it listed for.

Back