testtest

Guns are Like Dogs - Two is Always Better.

SimonRL

Hellcat
I was at an LGS on the weekend interested in the new Double Stack Tisas Duty when I came across, of all things, the new Gen 2 Archon Type B. I am a great fan of the Archon and have had the first offering of this gun for four years, so of course it came home with me and is now keeping the Gen 1 Archon company. The new Archon has a new grip module - replacing the mapped geometry grip of the old one and adopting a grip tape type sticky finish which is surprisingly good. The grip also comes with an adapter that allows you to run 19 rd mags instead of the typical 15. The trigger pull is nearly as light as my Gen 1, which has a factory trigger job and the slide comes milled with the ability to direct mount an RMS/Holosun K footprint. I installed the Holosun EPS on it. The slide is also noticeably better milled than the original with the roll mark more deeply engraved and the slide serrations having much more grip. I got it to the range yesterday and ran 150 rounds through it and was immediately on target and ridiculously accurate, as is its predecessor. And, oh, did I mention low bore axis and no Browning action? This is the gun my Daniel H9 wishes it was and for $400 less!
IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6819.jpeg

And while I’m on the subject of two is always better, I recently became a big fan of lever rifles and decided that my .357 Henry Big Boy needed a companion. I decided to do a tactical build using a .357 Henry Big Boy X. I deleted the stock, handguard and buckhorn sights and replaced them with a Chisel Machine milled aluminum stock, mlok handguard and 4 and 6 bullet quivers from Hoptic USA, a pic rail from XS sights with PA SLX1 microprism and a Ranger Point Precision Comet Muzzle Brake. .357 doesn’t need a muzzle brake, you say. Au Contraire, .357 now feels like .38 and .38 feels like a blow gun. .38 is so stupid light on recoil it makes you giggle, like you just got away from something. So I’ve now got my beautiful, brass receiver, octagonal barreled cowboy gun and a lever action zombie killer vying for my attention. Not a bad couple of weeks work!
IMG_6821.jpeg

I was at an LGS on the weekend interested in the new Double Stack Tisas Duty when I came across, of all things, the new Gen 2 Archon Type B. I am a great fan of the Archon and have had the first offering of this gun for four years, so of course it came home with me and is now keeping the Gen 1 Archon company. The new Archon has a new grip module - replacing the mapped geometry grip of the old one and adopting a grip tape type sticky finish which is surprisingly good. The grip also comes with an adapter that allows you to run 19 rd mags instead of the typical 15. The trigger pull is nearly as light as my Gen 1, which has a factory trigger job and the slide comes milled with the ability to direct mount an RMS/Holosun K footprint. I installed the Holosun EPS on it. The slide is also noticeably better milled than the original with the roll mark more deeply engraved and the slide serrations having much more grip. I got it to the range yesterday and ran 150 rounds through it and was immediately on target and ridiculously accurate, as is its predecessor. And, oh, did I mention low bore axis and no Browning action? This is the gun my Daniel H9 wishes it was and for $400 less!
View attachment 53918
View attachment 53919
And while I’m on the subject of two is always better, I recently became a big fan of lever rifles and decided that my .357 Henry Big Boy needed a companion. I decided to do a tactical build using a .357 Henry Big Boy X. I deleted the stock, handguard and buckhorn sights and replaced them with a Chisel Machine milled aluminum stock, mlok handguard and 4 and 6 bullet quivers from Hoptic USA, a pic rail from XS sights with PA SLX1 microprism and a Ranger Point Precision Comet Muzzle Brake. .357 doesn’t need a muzzle brake, you say. Au Contraire, .357 now feels like .38 and .38 feels like a blow gun. .38 is so stupid light on recoil it makes you giggle, like you just got away from something. So I’ve now got my beautiful, brass receiver, octagonal barreled cowboy gun and a lever action zombie killer vying for my attention. Not a bad couple of weeks work!
View attachment 53925
Congrats !!
They were definitely fun to shoot!
I thought the .357 was the .38.

Gun Day is Fun Day !!

View attachment 53918
View attachment 53919
View attachment 53925
2 is one, one is none

View attachment 53918
View attachment 53919
View attachment 53925
IMG_2536.gif

View attachment 53918
View attachment 53919
View attachment 53925
Your rifles may have had a baby. You can request a DNA test, but he takes after his father.

Attachments

• Leveraction Goodness2.0.jpg
    Leveraction Goodness2.0.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
Back