testtest

Guns at TSA Checkpoints

HayesGreener

Hellcat
This happens far too often. Why is it so hard to remember you can't take your gun into an airport secured area. Everyone who has a firearm and travels should know this.

Hays, apparently it happens a lot. TSA officers confiscated more than 6,542 firearms from airport passengers in 2022 — the highest number recorded since the agency's inception. The confiscations by TSA mark a nearly 10% increase over the 5,972 firearms seized in 2021, which was also a record. The agency announced in December that it was raising the maximum civil penalty for a firearms violation from $13,910 to $14,950.

My sister works for TSA and she says that people throwing a fit because they can’t board a plane with their gun is non-stop. What’s more they give you the option to check it under the plane or take it back and secure it in your car.

TSA actually has a pretty amusing website or Facebook page where they show all the crazy stuff people try and sneak onto a plane.

These people are either totally stupid, and have no business with a firearm. Or, they are self-entitled little twits who think that they can sneak a firearm past TSA and onto a plane for their 15 minutes of fame on Tik Tok. There is no other option here. The way they are attempting to wokify the airlines, there is no way I would fly anywhere unless I absolutely had to. I have already reviewed the TSA rules regarding transporting firearms in your checked baggage. If and when I do fly, I will buy the TSA approved case, the locks, and do everything by the book. If you have read their requirements, it isn't rocket surgery. Again, either people are stupid, or they are intentionally doing it and thinking there won't be any consequences if they are caught.

What’s so perplexing is that some of these nimrod flyers actually claim “they forgot” or didn’t know it was in there, or I borrowed that bag from my (fill in the blank).

Spent casings, muzzle deceives and empty magazines will get you flagged too, like rushing to/from destinations during hunting season, includes knives, arrow tips.
Gun bags have to be dedicated and not used for occasional carry-on travel.

I recall a bozo came to Ohare recently and tried to hide his handgun by putting it on a support beam while in line just outside of the TSA check point.

Can’t make this stuff up, but at least he had enough brain substance to know it was forbidden. Yet one has to wonder how he got out of his home state airport with that gun (unless checked) or did he buy on while visiting here?. Be assured this being Chicago Crook County IL catch & release jurisdiction, his airfare to and from TX for two or three more court appearances will be more than the fines if any, are levied.

I don't think I would ever take a firearm with me if I was flying. And if I did I damn sure wouldn't just try to walk on with it.

My Jarhead buddy Billboard is a federal security officer at The Arch. Now the Arch is a National Monument, but the building under it, which you must go through to get in the Arch is a federal building. Even though there is a ridiculous amount of signage explaining that and explaining that weapons, firearms and weed are not legal in the building, every single day they get a great number of people who attempt to enter with them. And apparently a great number of them, when told their options are to take them back to their vehicle or surrender them, argue. " Weed is legal here", " I have a permit", etc. And even though they are told that hiding their weed or their guns outside will result in an expensive ticket and the surrender of their weed or their gun, they take them outside and hide them under bushes or whatever.

People are stupid.

I did security for a private security company in the past that was contracted out to a manufacturing plant. There are no metal directors to enter, but you have to walk through metal directors and have any bags x-rayed when you leave.

We had a worker who was caught with a gun in their bag who claimed to have gone to the range earlier that day, and he forgot it was in there.... It happens I guess. I can't say it couldn't ever absent-mindedly happen to me especially if I'm rushing to catch a flight and my mind and attention is elsewhere.

I did security for a private security company in the past that was contracted out to a manufacturing plant. There are no metal directors to enter, but you have to walk through metal directors and have any bags x-rayed when you leave.

We had a worker who was caught with a gun in their bag who claimed to have gone to the range earlier that day, and he forgot it was in there.... It happens I guess. I can't say it couldn't ever absent-mindedly happen to me especially if I'm rushing to catch a flight and my mind and attention is elsewhere.
Bill had a lady tell him she couldn't go through the x ray machine because of a medical condition and that he'd have to wand her. He explained that the wand was the same thing as the X ray machine. She assured him she would have a heart attack unless he wanded her. Rather than argue, he just wanded her. People are stupid.

Bill had a lady tell him she couldn't go through the x ray machine because of a medical condition and that he'd have to wand her. He explained that the wand was the same thing as the X ray machine. She assured him she would have a heart attack unless he wanded her. Rather than argue, he just wanded her. People are stupid.
It's not. Not even close. Wands arent x-ray machines or flueroscopes. They're metal detectors

Back