testtest

Guns.com hack

Right.

I don’t know gunsdotcom, and I’m not clicking the link to read the whole article, but, on the face of what it says...”a place where Americans can go and pick out whatever stylish broomstick they like and have it shipped straight to their doorstep”...that's grossly illegal, so...you were dealing with criminals in the first place. Caveat freakin' emptor, FFS.

And if it's not true...well, surprise someone screwed up the facts again, and it's not worth clicking on the link anyway to read a hack-written article.

I'm not sure just how this happens but ...... in the 'Click Title' above it says "The subtly-named guns.com, a place where Americans can go to pick out whatever stylish boomstick they like and have it shipped straight to their doorsteps, .........."

But then when you click on it and read the actual article, it says "The subtly-named guns.com, a place where Americans can go to pick out whatever stylish boomstick they like and have it shipped straight to their neck of the woods, ........."
emphasis above is mine

For all the unlearned, there is a significant difference between shipping a firearm 'straight to their doorstep' (which BTW was legal and acceptable up until somewhere in the 50's IIRC), and 'straight to their neck of the woods'. The fact is neither can happen today in a lawful transfer without going through a FFL for an NICS BG check. Just sayin'!!!

I hate when these imbeciles write crap like this when they know it not be true!!!

I'm not sure just how this happens but ...... in the 'Click Title' above it says "The subtly-named guns.com, a place where Americans can go to pick out whatever stylish boomstick they like and have it shipped straight to their doorsteps, .........."

But then when you click on it and read the actual article, it says "The subtly-named guns.com, a place where Americans can go to pick out whatever stylish boomstick they like and have it shipped straight to their neck of the woods, ........."
emphasis above is mine

For all the unlearned, there is a significant difference between shipping a firearm 'straight to their doorstep' (which BTW was legal and acceptable up until somewhere in the 50's IIRC), and 'straight to their neck of the woods'. The fact is neither can happen today in a lawful transfer without going through a FFL for an NICS BG check. Just sayin'!!!

I hate when these imbeciles write crap like this when they know it not be true!!!
See, that’s why I didn’t click on the link.

It was written by an ignorant hack, and not worth the effort.

Yeah that is a tech blog. Someone respected, but farthest thing from 2A. Sad though that the mountain of Data was compromised.
Plus the article was updated at 8:00 pm to clarify that guns dot com ships to a FFL dealer where the customer has to go to get it. I agree that the article was written more about the data breach than about guns in general.

emphasis above is mine

The original story has now been edited:

"UPDATE 8:00 p.m. This article has been edited to clarify how the shipping process with Guns.com works. Purchased firearms are shipped by the company to a licensed dealer, where the weapon can be picked up by a customer."

Guns.com has a terrible reputation as a business so why would anyone shop there anyway?

Check out the BBB's website to see the long list of complaints against them.
I looked at Guns.com long ago and kept going at the time.... I strongly dislike buying anything online, especially guns, but there are times when no alternative is locally available.

In all fairness, I looked into the BBB site and saw for 51 complaints and 49 resolutions listed, Guns.com is trying to follow up on all those complaints. Many complaints are due to Guns.com being Hacked or other communications issues from those comments read. - The "Joys" of online sales and ordering?

From reading those BBB comments, which Guns.com is not affiliated with from what seen, I saw an online company trying to honestly do the right thing the best able to regardless of sometimes overly strict regulations. Especially with and when dealing with those not familiar with current gun sales regulations.

Granted the GIZMODO article may have a bit off, but Guns.com customer service appears to be on the ball and doing a good job under the conditions they're under. GIZMODO should only write what they are totally familiar with and check out their facts before posting especially when dealing with restricted products like firearms?

I looked at Guns.com long ago and kept going at the time.... I strongly dislike buying anything online, especially guns, but there are times when no alternative is locally available.

In all fairness, I looked into the BBB site and saw for 51 complaints and 49 resolutions listed, Guns.com is trying to follow up on all those complaints. Many complaints are due to Guns.com being Hacked or other communications issues from those comments read. - The "Joys" of online sales and ordering?

From reading those BBB comments, which Guns.com is not affiliated with from what seen, I saw an online company trying to honestly do the right thing the best able to regardless of sometimes overly strict regulations. Especially with and when dealing with those not familiar with current gun sales regulations.

Granted the GIZMODO article may have a bit off, but Guns.com customer service appears to be on the ball and doing a good job under the conditions they're under. GIZMODO should only write what they are totally familiar with and check out their facts before posting especially when dealing with restricted products like firearms?
That's a lot of complaints even if there was a resolution. Just because they addressed some of the complaints against them doesn't fill will with confidence that this is a good company. There are plenty of bad businesses out there that won't deal with a customers issue unless it's put on a site like the BBB which shows me a very reactionary customer service trying to avoid bad press.

I prefer to shop from a few well known sites online that don't have a long history of complaints against them and they have a great customer service record.

Just my thoughts...😁👍

Guessing am a bit old school? Have looked around online quite a bit, but haven't ever bought a gun online because of the hassle and high prices of shipping and other fees. Is no local FFL around either. One's within travel distance charge too much on transfer fees. Am not paying $50. for their efforts. Ammo, parts, ect? Yup, have bought online many times, but need to figure in shipping costs, possible problems/wrong item, travel expenses, possible damage/returns and timing. If doesn't work out to a real deal for me, I'll either go someplace else, wait or buy locally.

BET& said: "Plus the article was updated at 8:00 pm to clarify that guns dot com ships to a FFL dealer where the customer has to go to get it." ....... and

BobM said: "The original story has now been edited:"
"UPDATE 8:00 p.m. This article has been edited to clarify how the shipping process with Guns.com works. Purchased firearms are shipped by the company to a licensed dealer, where the weapon can be picked up by a customer."

And obviously that's a good thing since we don't want/need anyone thinking a gun can be shipped directly to the buyer, so I'm curious just how many thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) readers are left thinking that a buyer can have a gun shipped "directly to their door" due to their having read it before the edit. Y'all know what I mean?

Guessing am a bit old school? Have looked around online quite a bit, but haven't ever bought a gun online because of the hassle and high prices of shipping and other fees. Is no local FFL around either. One's within travel distance charge too much on transfer fees. Am not paying $50. for their efforts. Ammo, parts, ect? Yup, have bought online many times, but need to figure in shipping costs, possible problems/wrong item, travel expenses, possible damage/returns and timing. If doesn't work out to a real deal for me, I'll either go someplace else, wait or buy locally.
I buy a lot from Primary Arms & Job Bob Outfitters including lower receivers or other firearms and they run free shipping over a certain amount spent pretty frequently. Both of those sites offer great deals and fast shipping.

The LGS that I buy from mostly typically sells for under most other stores in the area and all firearms shipped to other FFLs have free shipping.

Most shops do charge transfer fees which can vary depending on where you go. Fortunately the place I go doesn't charge transfer fees to anyone so I'll typically buy something while I'm there or even give them $10-$20 for the service.

Last edited:
BET& said: "Plus the article was updated at 8:00 pm to clarify that guns dot com ships to a FFL dealer where the customer has to go to get it." ....... and

BobM said: "The original story has now been edited:"

And obviously that's a good thing since we don't want/need anyone thinking a gun can be shipped directly to the buyer, so I'm curious just how many thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) readers are left thinking that a buyer can have a gun shipped "directly to their door" due to their having read it before the edit. Y'all know what I mean?
I think several of those believers are in Congress as we speak, so to say JJ.

Back