testtest

Guns.com's Crazy Ammo Sale This Morning

PaulieDC

Elite
Anyone actually get some ammo this morning? Guns.com sent out an email stating a wild ammo sale starting 11am EST. My watch showed 11:04am so I thought I was in like Flynn. The website was HAMMERED. I was able to log in, and they had 2 kinds of .45 ACP 230, Federal Target for $23.99/50rd and Speer Lawman for a crazy $22.99/50rd. NO LIMITS. Haven't seen those prices in quite a while. The page after each refresh said it was in stock but when I went to add to cart, it would just hang. I had two browsers going, Edge and Chrome. I would refresh and it would either crash, or reload the product page. Still said "In Stock" for almost 20 minutes and I kept trying, but could never get it to go into the cart. Finally they returned as Out of Stock. Have to admit it was a fun ride, just didn't pan out.

Anyone get any, of any caliber?

I've had similar experiences with multiple sites since the ammo shortage started. Most of them were exactly like your, and I was never able to actually place an order. Bass Pro has done this several times, but has allowed everyone to place orders. Three days later, Bass Pro will send an e-mail that there was a problem with the inventory system and your order has been cancelled. I prefer not being able to place an order to having it cancelled later.

I would usually be upset at this level of service, but Bass Pro and some of the other sites have come through for me a few times since the shortage started. As long as a seller isn't price-gouging, I'm willing to cut them slack for the occasional glitch. I'm just starting to accept that even the big sellers are unable to get enough stock to meet demand.

Back