testtest

Guns of John Wayne Fame — The Original Cowboy Action

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
It’s been almost half a century since John Wayne died, but his countless movies live on. His movies were filmed in a time when firearm use was simply a given, and he ran a lot of different guns over the years. This is a list of some of the guns John Wayne used.

The Guns of John Wayne Fame

1661134495031.png

Used to be a deputy in Oregon and one of the guys I worked with met John W as a young man in Nevada. Said it was one of the greatest memories he ever had - took an old Winchester Rifle and W autographed it for him and took a pic. Hung that rifle and photo in his house till the day he died.

I loved to watch westerns where John Wayne is handling the nimble Winchester 1892 like he was carrying a pistol. I always have to turn off the critical part of my brain that realizes that most of those movies were set in the years before the 1892 was even born.

I loved to watch westerns where John Wayne is handling the nimble Winchester 1892 like he was carrying a pistol. I always have to turn off the critical part of my brain that realizes that most of those movies were set in the years before the 1892 was even born.
I read in one of the biographies that he was one of the few actors who had arms long enough to spin the rifle like that without whacking himself with the barrel.

I often thought they should have given him a 66 or a 73, but he was pretty attached to his own guns

Back