testtest

Guns you can afford.....

Interesting article. The cheapest handgun I have is the S&W Shield. I know when I am at the range and the "crew" comes in, I don't know what they are shooting, but I know they are aiming and firing and all you hear is a click. It's not just one or two of them either. I don't know where they got them from but something like that should not be carried. (They are carrying them) I would personally rather spend the extra money on something you are confident that it will go bang when you pull the trigger. Otherwise, you may have better results throwing it.

Last edited:
I have a few that are inexpensive especially by today’s standards. 1894, Fox double barrel 20, Stevens double barrel 12, etc. I paid about $300 for a Taurus .44 25 plus years ago and it’s been a flawless deerslayer. I paid about the same for a Llama Max II 13 rd. Commander clone and after a little work on the feed ramp it’s been flawless for a couple decades.

I have a few that are inexpensive especially by today’s standards. 1894, Fox double barrel 20, Stevens double barrel 12, etc. I paid about $300 for a Taurus .44 25 plus years ago and it’s been a flawless deerslayer. I paid about the same for a Llama Max II 13 rd. Commander clone and after a little work on the feed ramp it’s been flawless for a couple decades.
My brother has one of those Llama commanders like yours, works and shoot great.

Interesting article. The cheapest handgun I have is the S&W Shield. I know when I am at the range and the "crew" comes in, I don't know what they are shooting, but I know they are aiming and firing and all you hear is a click. It's not just one or two of them either. I don't know where they got them from but something like that should not be carried. (They are carrying them) I would personally rather spend the extra money on something you are confident that it will go bang when you pull the trigger. Otherwise, you may have better results throwing it.
Agreed jmcd. The only way I'd buy a cheap firearm, is for abuse at the range. I wouldn't carry it, use it for home defense, or rely on it to protect myself unless it was a last resort kind of thing. In reading the comments in that article, one or more commenters mentioned that Kel-Tec was garbage. I have 2 Sub2000's (9mm, & 40), and a PLR16. I've fired all at the range with no mishaps or problems whatsoever. They wouldn't be my first point of contact firearm I'd use for an intruder, but they were fun to shoot and were reliable for the times I shot them.

Haha, the "cheapest" gun in my collection in dollars originally paid is likely my S&W M&P .38 Model 1905 made in 1905. I am sure my great grandfather did not pay much for that bad boy 115 years ago. Then again, the $15 or $20 it probably cost back then was a lot for those days.

The next cheapest is probably the Marlin .22 rifle made in the 1960's, followed by my Ruger LCP.

I have a .22lr Mossberg plinkster 702 that I picked up new for about $80. I'm actually surprised how accurate and reliable this cheap rifle is. I have at least 4000 rounds through it and there's no sign of it failing anytime soon.

The cheapest gun I ever owned was the Raven .25 I had years ago ( back in early 80's ) . Next cheapest was the Kel-tec PF 9 that my ex has for now . The current cheapest is the LCP II I bought when I bought the XDs .45 a couple years ago by trading my Kimber Tactical Ultra II in on them.

Firearms and hunting clothes.

2 things I buy quality of.

cold and miserable in the woods with a firearm thatmay not work is last thing I want

I buy firearms that will stand the test of time that my grandkids will someday shoot .

not talking $$$$ but quality firearms abound. Why go cheap . Save up and get quality from your favorite maker

I know I’m splitting hairs however I never liked the word cheap or cheapest. I prefer inexpensive. Maybe in regards to firearms perhaps a low price bargain gun.
For me I lean towards you get what you pay for now I like a good price and will not spend thousands on a firearm but if I see a sign that says cheap I’ll walk away.
Just me.

The cheapest gun I ever owned was the Raven .25 I had years ago ( back in early 80's ) . Next cheapest was the Kel-tec PF 9 that my ex has for now . The current cheapest is the LCP II I bought when I bought the XDs .45 a couple years ago by trading my Kimber Tactical Ultra II in on them.

I want to say when I say cheap , I am talking price point not quality. Even with the Raven I never had a failure to feed and it was quite acurrate for what it was. The other two pistols I mentioned , the PF 9 and the Ruger LCP II , are quality firearms that I would and have carried to protect my life.

Back when I had FFL's many a person would ask me to value a gun for them. Saw many a beaut
and most times gave them five bucks to get it out of circulation. Then it was bench vise and
angle grinder time!

Of recent bought a Heritage 22/mag. Worked good after it was returned for rework!
Couple Cobra Derringers I bought for the granddaughter and I to play with. Awful. Real disaster.

What I consider the best deal is the Military discount that Glock had. Glock 32 for $410.

Naked Gun 101!

So, I’m a bit of a revolver snob...but, I just bought a stainless Rossi M89 in .32 S&W Long...and I have to say, for the princely sum of $150 OTD, including 2 mostly-full boxes of ammo...it’s not a bad little piece. A little rougher than a J-frame (which it’s cosmetically identical to), but not bad at all. This was 6 shots, double action, at 7 yards...
4704F1DD-F5AE-409A-AF63-AEB2B3E6A794.jpeg

(No idea why it posted sideways...)
F012EC90-C431-415C-B544-4C03B6ADE4D4.jpeg

The G2C is my cheap gun. I tried all of the popular guns before I bought anything. I wanted to love the Sig 365, but was disappointed with how it felt, and didn't purchase anything that day. A week later I got a chance to get the G2C for $165 'out the door' after rebate. Thought it would be an OK first simi-auto, (I have always shot revolvers) to try. I really like this gun. It runs well, and I shoot it pretty good. I want to try the Hellcat sometime, but until then, I am very content with the G2C.

My Shields would be my "budget" guns and have no performance complaints with any of them. I carry the PC .45 regularly with no worries. I have spent a fair amount of money trying to replace it with a "nicer" gun but still find it on my hip after a period of time...go figure

Back