testtest

Gunsite and GLOCK Collaborate on a New Custom G45 9mm Service Pistol

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Glock and Gunsite came up with a special edition of the G45, some interesting features.

I am with Texasforlife. I think the holosun EPS would of been a better optic to put on. The 509 seems huge on that gun.

Plus I am so confused with all the Glock numbers now. The G45 seems to have the same dimension as a 19x, so what the hell is the difference. Is the 19x the civilian version. Which frankly I’d rather have a 17 slide on a 19 frame then a 17 frame with a 19 slide. Maybe that’s me.

However, the best part of this article for me was that sweet looking leather holster, which is only shown and not
Mentioned.

Glock and Gunsite came up with a special edition of the G45, some interesting features.

Another G# I’m guessing by year 2040
Their new models will be…….

G432578941676643789 and chambered in .22 +S

but the look of the slide for this collaboration looks longer.
0AAB4F19-7544-47FF-BC1F-B8463067BA9B.gif

I am with Texasforlife. I think the holosun EPS would of been a better optic to put on. The 509 seems huge on that gun.

Plus I am so confused with all the Glock numbers now. The G45 seems to have the same dimension as a 19x, so what the hell is the difference. Is the 19x the civilian version. Which frankly I’d rather have a 17 slide on a 19 frame then a 17 frame with a 19 slide. Maybe that’s me.

However, the best part of this article for me was that sweet looking leather holster, which is only shown and not
Mentioned.
I saw a Glock USMC model, complete with a box of crayons...:) I thought it was a model 45, but I might be mistaken. It was a pretty gun..and not too expensive. But I decided to pass on it.

Even though I'm an a older guy, I still prefer open sights. Perhaps some day I'll get a handgun with an optic sight, but I'm good without them right now. I will admit some handguns sure look nice with them...:) Somebody posted a picture of their Walther PDP with an optic sight and it looked pretty sharp..:)

For the sake of rebuttal and being a younger guy. I I’ll post a pro to the red dot.

I’m cross eye dominate, so I’ve always struggled shooting both eyes open with iron sights. It’s absolutely impossible with rifles so I always shot one eye closed. With pistols I shoot both eyes open, with certain sights it can be difficult to fully focus on the front sight post. However with a dot, it’s stupid easy. I pick up the dot much faster and shoot quicker and more accurately. I also noticed with a 2 moa dot I can group a lot better than combat sights, not as experienced with precision sights but I love the Dawson ones I put on my xdm 45 and those work better but not as good as a dot. I assume going to a 6 moa dot vs 2 the groups
Open up but with enough practice picking up a 2 isn’t really slower.

Per lights, well when it’s dark it’s always good to see. Handheld works for that but if S is going bump in the middle of the night, it’s not my kids to little. So I’m error on side of caution gun out. Last line of defense. Also the light adds weight to the front. Likely not a factor for really low bore axis guns but higher ones it changes the get recoil impulse, it feels flatter when I add a light. Again that’s based on how I feel the gun is shooting.

But that’s the great thing about pistols these days is the options, for people that don’t want it, they don’t add it, for people that do they can. Then we can get to have wonderful banter on forums lol

I'm an old fudd (so I'm told), and I shoot WAY more accurately with my dot-sighted pistols than any of mine with irons.

My EDC does NOT have a dot...too big/bulky...but for me, but if accuracy and speed matters, the dot is the way to go.

Sorry if this sidetracks the OP. I think it started to veer before me, however.

For the sake of rebuttal and being a younger guy. I I’ll post a pro to the red dot.

I’m cross eye dominate, so I’ve always struggled shooting both eyes open with iron sights. It’s absolutely impossible with rifles so I always shot one eye closed. With pistols I shoot both eyes open, with certain sights it can be difficult to fully focus on the front sight post. However with a dot, it’s stupid easy. I pick up the dot much faster and shoot quicker and more accurately. I also noticed with a 2 moa dot I can group a lot better than combat sights, not as experienced with precision sights but I love the Dawson ones I put on my xdm 45 and those work better but not as good as a dot. I assume going to a 6 moa dot vs 2 the groups
Open up but with enough practice picking up a 2 isn’t really slower.

Per lights, well when it’s dark it’s always good to see. Handheld works for that but if S is going bump in the middle of the night, it’s not my kids to little. So I’m error on side of caution gun out. Last line of defense. Also the light adds weight to the front. Likely not a factor for really low bore axis guns but higher ones it changes the get recoil impulse, it feels flatter when I add a light. Again that’s based on how I feel the gun is shooting.

But that’s the great thing about pistols these days is the options, for people that don’t want it, they don’t add it, for people that do they can. Then we can get to have wonderful banter on forums lol
Put dots on your rifles. Or scopes. I usually shoot beaded shotguns lefty for this reason. I have no problem shooting pistols with irons with both eyes open and bringing it up in front of my left eye.

I am also right handed and left eye dominant.

I got nothing against dots on pistols. I have one. Eventually I see myself with dots on carry guns, but not any time soon. I do just fine without them.

I was also dragged kicking and screaming into the CD age as well. Long after CD were a thing I still spent lots of money on cassettes. If it ain't broke.......

Of course nowadays I can't recall the last time I played a CD or a cassette.

I have rifles with "dots" I have a .22 pistol that is meant to be a suppressor host that I have a "dot" for. I just have a personal issue for carry guns with "crap" all over them. My most common carry is a G43 in a pocket, all the "crap" just wouldn't work. It just seems a strange concept to add bulk when since the beginning of time people have wanted/made self defense weapons smaller to carry on body.

I have rifles with "dots" I have a .22 pistol that is meant to be a suppressor host that I have a "dot" for. I just have a personal issue for carry guns with "crap" all over them. My most common carry is a G43 in a pocket, all the "crap" just wouldn't work. It just seems a strange concept to add bulk when since the beginning of time people have wanted/made self defense weapons smaller to carry on body.

Just about the only things I have without optics of some type are handguns.

It seems to me something that I am going to shove down my pants while I'm doing god only knows what and then rely on it to function EVERY SINGLE TIME NO MATTER WHAT, probably shouldn't have a bunch of crap on it that could fail at the most inopportune time. As such, if I ever do decide to put one on a carry gun it will likely be a DPP. Though I have been extremely impressed with the Holosuns. Romeo 5s are damn near indestructible and these days I am addicted to 510s and 512s. I could be convinced to run a 507 on a carry gun probably.

Lol that cracked me up bassbob. My ccw does not have a dot or light on it, cause I do carry iwb. My nightstand gun and winter carry gun do have red dots and lights. But generally I don’t carry with the light attachment, just reattach it when it goes into night stand safe. My woods gun is a 1911, but I am thinking of getting a 10mm soon. Partly cause I think it would be fun to hunt with it in some of the firearm restricted areas. That would definitely get a dot as well.

Back