testtest

H2 Buffers "out of stock"

There's definitely some major differences between the ArmaLite AR-10 and LR-308 rifles. Fortunately most of the AR .308 platform parts you will find online are made for the more popular LR-308 platform of rifles which most manufacturer's base their version of the .308 semi AR on.

Some manufacturer's will even have ArmaLite style cut receiver's but most likely be threaded for the more popular DPMS style barrel nut which requires a DPMS style barrel & BCG.
They don't make it easy. You say Fortunately most parts are for the DPMS LR-308, but my buffer
Section at least is all ArmaLite AR-10. 🤣

I'll tackle figuring out the barrel nut and BCG styles later. 🤣

They don't make it easy. You say Fortunately most parts are for the DPMS LR-308, but my buffer
Section at least is all ArmaLite AR-10. 🤣
I'm pretty sure Springfield uses the DPMS format on their rifles.

They even use the DPMS cut receivers.

I'm pretty sure Springfield uses the DPMS format on their rifles.

They even use the DPMS cut receivers.
Well that would be contrary to the information I'm finding shown below and what's in my rifle. I have the ArmaLite longer receiver (8"), longer spring and longer AR-15 style buffer.
Progress ... Just learned a little more over at ar15.com.

The SA AR-10 Victor has the 1st setup, a longer buffer receiver with a longer spring and the same size buffer as an AR-15. Now I know the difference and was fine ordering the ar-15 Odin buffer.

The 2nd setup uses the same buffer receiver length and spring length as an ar-15 but needs a 0.75" shorter buffer due to the longer BCG.

1) An Armalite AR-10 style receiver extension is about 8" long. An Armalite AR-10 style buffer is about 3.25" long.

2) A DPMS LR-308 style receiver extension is about 7.25" long. A DPMS LR-308 style buffer is about 2.5" long.

Well that would be contrary to the information I'm finding shown below and what's in my rifle. I have the ArmaLite longer receiver (8"), longer spring and longer AR-15 style buffer.
Checkout this link for some more info on the compatible parts of the 2 major platforms.

This may clear up some confusion on the subject or it may just cause more confusion....🤣

^ I just found some similar information at 80PercentArms.com

It appears my upper and lower have the rounded DPMS cut. For some reason SA switched to the longer ArmaLite receiver but kept the rest of the rifle DPMS. Technically, I have an LR308, not an AR10 according to all the info, except for the buffer and receiver.

Thanks, I'm learning and figuring out a bunch now. Eyes are getting tired now but I actually understand what's had me confused til now.

You don't know what you don't know until you know!

Last edited:
Matrix Arms uses the angle cut, but still dpms compatible parts. Armalite and dpms uses different barrel nut pitch, but Matrix still has dpms nut threads. I have 3 Matrix receivers and they might be low profile?

Matrix Arms uses the angle cut, but still dpms compatible parts. Armalite and dpms uses different barrel nut pitch, but Matrix still has dpms nut threads. I have 3 Matrix receivers and they might be low profile?
Wow ... they really want to muddy the water. 🤣 I was reading about the differences and saw the barrel nut pitch was different even though the diameter is the same.

UPDATE:
Received the Odin AR-15 Heavy buffer today, set it up for 4.6 oz (4.5 oz on a scale) and headed to the range. The original buffer weighed 3.6 oz. After putting in the Odin buffer the entire cycle operation was much smoother and softer.

I also had another thread where I asked how to adjust for low pressure bulk ammo (link below), so far with the heavier buffer I'm able to shoot this ammo also. I believe this 4.5 oz buffer is equivalent to an H2 buffer.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have a much smoother and stable AR-10, or should I say LR-308, rifle now.

UPDATE:
Received the Odin AR-15 Heavy buffer today, set it up for 4.6 oz (4.5 oz on a scale) and headed to the range. The original buffer weighed 3.6 oz. After putting in the Odin buffer the entire cycle operation was much smoother and softer.

I also had another thread where I asked how to adjust for low pressure bulk ammo (link below), so far with the heavier buffer I'm able to shoot this ammo also. I believe this 4.5 oz buffer is equivalent to an H2 buffer.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have a much smoother and stable AR-10, or should I say LR-308, rifle now.
We're you able to get it from PA and did you talk with someone there? Glad the fix helped! Did you get the adjustable?

We're you able to get it from PA and did you talk with someone there? Glad the fix helped! Did you get the adjustable?
I did get it from PA but I didn't call. I started understanding 🤔 the differences from all the help in this thread and ordered it while we were still posting back and forth that evening. My rifle is an LR-308 (DPMS) except for the buffer receiver, spring and buffer.

You don't know what you don't know until you know!

Thanks again to all!

Back