testtest

Hand gun wear

can any one tell me if this is typical of a handgun wear that had only 28 rds fired thru it?

Attachments

• gun1.jpg
    gun1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 113
Thanks, Bob. This makes allot of sense. I was reading the operators manual for my new XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact and it does not list lubrication points.

If you remove the slide you will see 4 spots, two front and two rear, that are flat ( on the frame). These are where the slide rides. Drop of oil or small amount of grease go on those spots. A drop of oil on the top of the front portion of the barrel. Drop of oil on the spot in the picture up there. Then, with the slide off, looking down into the frame, if you work the trigger you will see a couple places where metal parts push or ride on other metal parts. Drop of oil there too. I forget now the names of those little parts. Others here will know, but regardless you will see them.

If you remove the slide you will see 4 spots, two front and two rear, that are flat ( on the frame). These are where the slide rides. Drop of oil or small amount of grease go on those spots. A drop of oil on the top of the front portion of the barrel. Drop of oil on the spot in the picture up there. Then, with the slide off, looking down into the frame, if you work the trigger you will see a couple places where metal parts push or ride on other metal parts. Drop of oil there too. I forget now the names of those little parts. Others here will know, but regardless you will see them.
Thanks, again.

Thingamajigs and thingamabobs.......😬😬😬😬

Last edited:
Back