testtest

Handed out some inheritances today.

Sld1959

Hellcat
This morning my son in law, and two nephews met me at the Sherrif dept.. I gave them each a large aluminum locking case and we performed the requisite paperwork.

In the case was a part of thier inheritance from me, and my best friend of 50 years/brother in law who passed away a five years ago. Last thing he said to me was "take care of my boys". And this was part of that. Even though they were both over 21 he gave me his firearms to pass down, "when they grow up enough".

Well in the past couple years they have. And both have expressed a strong interest in self defense and hunting after the past tough year. My daughter and son in law have always avoided firearms. But after the past year ave been going to the range with me, learning.

So each case contained a handgun, rifle, and shotgun. The boys each got a mossberg 500, one mine one Don's. My son in law got a Mossberg 500 also, mine.

The boys each got a henry big boy in 44 mag, both Don's. My son in law got a WWII Inland M1 carbine, mine, with a half dozen magazines.

The boys got a SW Model 586, and 686, Don's. And my son in law got an East German Makarov, mine, with a half dozen magazines.

Now, I don't have to worry as much about them all, and me trying to cover thier butts and get stuff around if things go sideways, I am getting old.

Yeah they need more training. They need more commitment and practice. But we all started somewhere, and they have all impressed me with thier desire and commitment the past year.

This morning my son in law, and two nephews met me at the Sherrif dept.. I gave them each a large aluminum locking case and we performed the requisite paperwork.

In the case we're a part of thier inheritance from me, and my best friend of 50 years/brother in law who passed away a few years ago. Last thing he said to me was "take care of my boys". And this was part of that. Even though they were both over 21 he gave me his firearms to pass down, "when they grow up enough".

Well in the past couple years they have. And both have expressed a strong interest in self defense and hunting after they past tough year. My daughter and son in law have always avoided firearms. But after the past year gave been going to the range with me, learning.

So each case contained a handgun, rifle, and shotgun. The boys each got a mossberg 500, one mine one Don's. My son in law got a Mossberg 500 also, mine.

The boys each got a henry big boy in 44 mag, both Don's. My son in law got a WWII Inland M1 carbine, mine, with a half dozen magazines.

The boys got a SW Model 586, and 686, Don's. And my son in law got an East German Makarov, mine, with a half dozen magazines.

Now, I don't have to worry as much about them all, and me trying to cover thier butts and get stuff around if things go sideways.

Yeah they need more training. They need more commitment and practice. But we all started somewhere, and they have all impressed me with thier desire and commitment the past year.

That's fantastic. They're lucky to have a mentor like you in their lives.

In the case was a part of thier inheritance from me, and my best friend of 50 years/brother in law who passed away a five years ago. Last thing he said to me was "take care of my boys". And this was part of that. Even though they were both over 21 he gave me his firearms to pass down, "when they grow up enough".

Well in the past couple years they have. And both have expressed a strong interest in self defense and hunting after the past tough year. My daughter and son in law have always avoided firearms. But after the past year ave been going to the range with me, learning.

Now, I don't have to worry as much about them all, and me trying to cover thier butts and get stuff around if things go sideways.

Thats fantastic ! Hope ya’lls passion for the firearms continue to be a family affair 👍

Now, I don't have to worry as much about them all, and me trying to cover thier butts and get stuff around if things go sideways, I am getting old.

That is a super cool story thanks for sharing you are a good man sld 1959

Hey Sid!
I'm in your family tree!!

Why would you have go to the sheriff?

It's good that your brother's guns will go to those that really appreciate them. I often buy guns from estate sales and to me it's sad that there was no one that shared their relative's hobby and appreciated the firearms that had been collected. I know my boys will remember the good times we had shooting and hunting with my guns when the time comes and they divide them up. I'm sure your boys will always remember where those guns came from and the good memories that they come with.

It's good that your brother's guns will go to those that really appreciate them. I often buy guns from estate sales and to me it's sad that there was no one that shared their relative's hobby and appreciated the firearms that had been collected. I know my boys will remember the good times we had shooting and hunting with my guns when the time comes and they divide them up. I'm sure your boys will always remember where those guns came from and the good memories that they come with.
The hardest part of the whole thing was not buying the two extra Mossbergs, they were pretty cheap at the pawn shop, or the three cases. It wasn't giving away the Henrys, though they were sweet. It wasn't even giving away my favorite Makarov or the M1, got another.

The hard thing was giving away those two pristine Smith and Wesson 686 and 586. lol. Dang I always coveted those lol. Cannot say how many times I tried to get him to sell them.

Outstanding.

Yep.
I recently picked up some excellent Colt MSR’s, unique Colt rifles and mass amounts of parts at an estate sale. Deceaded mans kids wanted nothing to do with firearms and the deceased’s collection was phenomenal for quality and breadth .

Sid, I would like to be in your family tree too ;) !!!! And if the 1959 is reflective of your B-year, and you said "I am getting old." ..... Well buddy, all I'll say is you done good son, you done good !!! But you sure as heck ain't old yet !!! (y)(y)(y):)
Thank you. Yes, I was born in 59, Getting old... the older I get the more I worry about me being basically thier line of defense. Especially since Don passed, we figured to be in this all for a while longer together. Heck, my eyes are getting worse, knees and shoulder are slowing me down, add arthritis in the back and hands. I sure as heck ain't superman anymore like the kids used to say as I flew them around in thier bib overalls.

Today helps give me a little peace of mind that maybe, just maybe, they are going to be OK if things go sideways and I am not there. Lol and doesn't that sound very self important lolol...

Last edited:
Back