testtest

Happy Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the amazing Fathers out there.
36764A01-CB83-4C21-A020-4C4422AA9C74.jpeg

I was very fortunate in that I had 2 dads. Yep, a bio-dad whom my mom divorced when I was about 2, and the man she married a year later when I was about 3 who became my step-dad. Over many, many years they both remained sociable when I was around or when something concerned me like B-days and/or holidays.

From a very young age (about 4 I guess) my bio-dad would often pick me up to spend time with him and my family on his side with no issues between him and my step-dad at all. Of course I had family on my step-dad's side as well. Actually had 3 half sisters on my bio-dad's side, and two brothers and one sister on my step-dad's side.

I spent many, many hours with both, following them, learning from them, being guided and influenced by them, even occasionally hunting on the same trip with both of them together. No, they were not particularly friends with each other, didn't socialize with each other or each other's friends, but for my sake and for more than 70 years they were always congenial when around me, and that was more important to me that I could ever express to either of them.

They're both gone now and I miss them both terribly. I loved my bio-dad from the time I was old enough to know love for a father ............ and loved my step-dad with the same intensity from the moment I realized what a step-dad was.

Here's the best I can do for either of you now dads ..... I love and miss both of you very, very much!

Happy Father's day to you both !!!!

Back