testtest

Happy Memorial Day!

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
1653840905482.jpeg

This is Phillip Cooney.He was my best friend.He was drafted into the army in 1968.Just after I had been discharged from the Marines.As kids,Phil was always on my "6".Phil,along with five other army engineers stepped on a land mine in 1969.Just 4 days before his 21st birthday. He was my rock and I miss him to this day.He died near ChuLai.Not far from where I was stationed with 11th Marines.He is in Illinois and I am now in Arizona now,but I spent over 50 years tending his grave.Today is his day along with all those who gave their all.As Phil used to say.TOM ! have a drink for me ! Or maybe 8 or 10. See Ya soon buddy.
Phil #2.jpg
Phil #1.jpg

This is Phillip Cooney.He was my best friend.He was drafted into the army in 1968.Just after I had been discharged from the Marines.As kids,Phil was always on my "6".Phil,along with five other army engineers stepped on a land mine in 1969.Just 4 days before his 21st birthday. He was my rock and I miss him to this day.He died near ChuLai.Not far from where I was stationed with 11th Marines.He is in Illinois and I am now in Arizona now,but I spent over 50 years tending his grave.Today is his day along with all those who gave their all.As Phil used to say.TOM ! have a drink for me ! Or maybe 8 or 10. See Ya soon buddy.
View attachment 27758View attachment 27759
Happy Memorial Day to all veterans present and past and a special Happy Memorial Day to my Dad who is a Navy Veteran and served on the Battleship USS Iowa, you are gone but will NEVER be forgotten. God bless to all that have made this country great.
View attachment 27763
View attachment 27764
View attachment 27765
Thanks guys for your posts, this is the true meaning of Memorial Day, remembering all who gave everything so we could be free! God Bless All!

View attachment 27758View attachment 27759
Thanks for sharing this personal tragedy and for your decades of nurturing dedication to Phil and to your memories of him.

Happy Memorial Day to all veterans present and past and a special Happy Memorial Day to my Dad who is a Navy Veteran and served on the Battleship USS Iowa, you are gone but will NEVER be forgotten. God bless to all that have made this country great.
View attachment 27763
View attachment 27764
View attachment 27765
Awesome! Nine 16" guns that with full broad side would send shock waves through the water. Thanks to men like your father, this battleship saw service even during the late eighties!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back