testtest

Has anybody ever successfully defended their family with a gun?

There are folks on/in two, three, four and 18 wheels that will push the envelope. I have my hours on
a motorcycle too. I see guys and gals that scare me. They have to know that they are in the blind spot.
Cars along side trucks. Motorcycles along side cars and trucks. Vehicles are getting better with the
perimeter sensors. I can't help but think in a lot of the instances I've seen, were there sensors, they
would be blaring away. As the "Pull Up, Pull Up" pilots get just prior to smacking Terra Very Firma!
Im concerned this type of technology will only lead to more abuse.
I can see 'smart' gun tech being abused. Theres always an idiot that believes it is a license to disregard protocol, ie tesla drivers incidents.

Im concerned this type of technology will only lead to more abuse.
I can see 'smart' gun tech being abused. Theres always an idiot that believes it is a license to disregard protocol, ie tesla drivers incidents.
Thing is with the Tesla's it was drivers killed. Were they sleeping I wonder? But Uber is the one that killed a pedestrian in Arizona last year I think.
Could be a lot learned from aviation me thinks. We rate pilots on how many flying hours they have. 20 or 30 thousand hours. Right. Six hours of flight and he was on the stick what 5 minutes total. George was doing the flying the other 5:55. Need to log pilots stick time not total hours as with George in control he is but another passenger.

Smart gun tech is a big issue for me. Scary way to have to protect your family. All these gun lock boxes that are combo or biometric. Failure rate is higher than what I'd want on my gun. Before you can fire the gun you must input a 7 digit code and then place your thumb and pinky on the Bio sensors. That all accomplished ask Siri "Mother May I" and permission may or may not be granted. No matter. You don't need to fire a shot, police have already arrived! :ROFLMAO:

My older sister told my mother that she was going too shoot me in the stomach , but she keeps saying if I have too and get away with it. She has a carry permit for Texas. I have never threatened her in any way I like my freedom. Sis has some screws lose I think!

My older sister told my mother that she was going too shoot me in the stomach , but she keeps saying if I have too and get away with it. She has a carry permit for Texas. I have never threatened her in any way I like my freedom. Sis has some screws lose I think!
You giving a thumbs up seems scary.

Not the whole family, just myself. We lived out in the country about 40 miles from the big city. It was deer season
and I had been warned by my father to stay out of the woods. The big hunters from the city come down and the blasting starts. All in their red checked hats and coats. Always two or three killed per season.

Bored, I decided to sneak over to the edge of the woods and plink a few with my new 22. My old gun was a bolt action single shot. This new baby was tube feed semi auto. I want to say a Mossberg. Fill up the tube and my pockets with LR's and off across our field, cross the highway, and in to the woods. Walking in maybe a quarter mile I'm up on a ridge. Mind you as yet I haven't fired a round.

All of a sudden there is loud shot and I'm splattered with dirt. I drop down and holler to stop I'm up here and blam more dirt. I crawl over to a old rotted tree and hunker down. I'm screaming now at this person to stop and bang, bang couple more go off hitting the log. Thirteen years old I'm sure my screaming sounded like a little girl. Needless to say I was scared. Anyways the shooting stopped and I took a peek over the log and saw a red checked guy down below. I hollered at him again and another shot was fired hitting in front of the log. Shaking like a leaf I charged a round, pushed the safety off, laid the rifle across the log guessing at the angle. I proceeded to empty the tube. Empty I took a peek and saw Red Checked scampering away. Immediately I headed out of the woods still shaking. My brother saw me coming out of the woods and promptly told Dad when he got home from work.

Punishment. "You know I'm taking your rifle for a while." Sure cause I was told not to go in the woods. "No, not for that." "Were you not taught to check your kill in the hunter safety course?" Well, he was running.

Ended up I lost the use of the rifle until summer vacation.... 6 months..... OUCH! But Dad had a way with making points. Once a month he would give it to me for an hour to clean.
My brother and I was out deer hunting one year. I was 12 at the time. My brother was carrying a m1 carbine and I was carrying a m1 garand. We was on one hill top and another guy was on another hill top about 500 yards away. That guy started shooting at my brother and as he was diving for cover behind a fallen tree. That guy kept shooting that tree and my brother started shooting with his carbine and yelled at me to shoot the guy. I was pretty sure I could hit the guy but I didn't want to shoot the guy because I was scared of the consequences. So I drew on the guy and started shooting near him hoping that he would just stop shooting at my brother. After about the 5th or 6th round he stopped and started running up over the hill. My brother wanted to go after him and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Never went back to that area.

Not sure. When I was younger, about 13 or 14, my mom and dad were at a wedding reception and I was at home with my younger sister and an older cousin. My mom went outside to have a cigarette and noticed that someone broke into Dad’s car and stole my mom’s purse. Since her house keys and drivers license were both in there the criminal might have thought that the house would be empty and an easy target. Mind you that this was in the days before cell phones, my dad called from a pay phone outside the reception hall and told me,”Go unlock the gun cabinet, get out your shotgun, load it and watch the front door. If the next person coming through isn’t me or a county deputy, shoot.”
A few minutes later I heard a noise outside the front door. I called out,”Dad, is that you? I’ve got the shotgun!” There was no answer so I leveled off not sure what was going to happen next. About 5 minutes later(which seemed like hours) my cousin yelled down from upstairs,”Your mom and dad are home. I can see them in the driveway.” When dad came in I told him about what had happened. Not sure if that counts, but everyone was safe.

I had one close call. I was going bird hunting at the cabin. Late at night, a truck pulled in on the road behind me as I left the last town before our turnoff. It's a well used paved road so I thought no big deal. Then it followed me onto the dirt road. Still no big deal because there are plenty of cabins on that road. Then it pulled off onto our more private road. Much bigger deal because there are only 5 cabins on that road. Finally, it took the same turn at the split and I got ready for trouble because there is only one other cabin out that far. I pulled in, pulled the shotgun from the trunk, loaded, and got behind the engine compartment. Turned out our neighbor had gotten a new truck and drove from a different state in the middle of the night.

I also had an incident on the reservation wherein a group of natives americans rearended my brothers truck and got out with weapons drawn. My uncle somehow got permission for our family to hunt there but not everyone in the tribe knew. My brother somehow didnt realize we were in some trouble and started mouthing off about insurance. I had to work really hard to talk our way out of that one.

Back