testtest

Have a Hellcat. Is Hellcat Pro redundant?

neil0311

Master Class
I have a Hellcat OSP with a Holosun 507K mounted on it, and I also own multiple 15 round extended mags.

With the obvious difference in slide/barrel length, there’s potentially a recoil difference between the original Hellcat and the Hellcat Pro. But the grip appears to be the same size between the Pro and the standard Hellcat with the extended 15 round mag. Looks like slide width is also the same.

What I’m wondering is whether folks who have both the Pro and standard Hellcat feel it’s worth the purchase price, cost of an optic, etc. to own both.

Or should I just shut up and be happy with my standard Hellcat?

I have been debating the same dam thing since the Pro came out. Have handled a couple Pros and it does feel great but as an EDC I just can't see how the Pro would beat my Hellcat. That said I have seen a couple vids stating because of the Pro's added barrel and slide length it has more pleasant felt recoil. Now that winter is almost upon us I'm back contemplating getting a Pro for winter EDC.

Would also be interested in hearing from those who have both.

I have both, in my personal opinion the OSP is a bit snappy and the Pro feels a good bit different. Because of the added dimensions, small though they are, I feel the balance and overall feeling of the Pro in my hand both drawing and shooting, is just better. This is not an add for anything just my opinion. I would buy it again...

I have a Hellcat OSP with a Holosun 507K mounted on it, and I also own multiple 15 round extended mags.

With the obvious difference in slide/barrel length, there’s potentially a recoil difference between the original Hellcat and the Hellcat Pro. But the grip appears to be the same size between the Pro and the standard Hellcat with the extended 15 round mag. Looks like slide width is also the same.

What I’m wondering is whether folks who have both the Pro and standard Hellcat feel it’s worth the purchase price, cost of an optic, etc. to own both.

Or should I just shut up and be happy with my standard Hellcat?
Personally, if you want it, get it, cause if you don’t you won’t be happy that you didn’t get it

I have a Hellcat OSP with Shield RMSc and perfectly satisfied with it. My only additions were several 15 round mags for my strong XL hands which improved my grip, accuracy, faster target acquisition, and recoil control. I shot a friend's Pro at the range and found it to be excellent in all aspects. Were I looking to replace my Hellcat (I'm not), the Pro would be highly considered as it's a fine firearm.

When I was looking for something I could pocket carry, I rented both before I decided on the Hellcat OSP. To me there wasn’t enough of a difference between the 2 for me to fall into love with both, at the time. And of course the regular HC was slightly better for the pocket, so I went with it.

That HC Pro keeps calling my name every time I walk into my LGS, though….

The short answer is... it's up to you, but for me, the answer is No, they are not redundant any more than my original 365 and my 365 XL Specter Comp are the same. They are not. Your Hellcat OSP like a Sig 365, is smaller and has some conceal bonuses for those tight places; but the Pro feels like a different gun.

For me, I shoot well with the Hellcat and a 13 round magazine so there is no reason for me to upgrade. With 2 15 rounders on my left side, I have enough firepower to address 90% of the situations I may encounter. Rent a Pro at your local range. If it feels better than your OSP, go for it. If you can't tell the difference, use that money to take your bride out on a romantic weekend.

For me, I shoot well with the Hellcat and a 13 round magazine so there is no reason for me to upgrade. With 2 15 rounders on my left side, I have enough firepower to address 90% of the situations I may encounter. Rent a Pro at your local range. If it feels better than your OSP, go for it. If you can't tell the difference, use that money to take your bride out on a romantic weekend.
Good advice and I agree, I shoot my Hellcat well and it conceals well.

And yeah, spending a lot more than that on the wife. We’re doing a “second honeymoon” for our 30th anniversary. Leaving this weekend for Morocco.

(My son is house/pet sitting. He’s 27 and armed. 😁)

Back