testtest

Have Legally Owned Automatic Weapons Been Used in Crime?

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting article with research done for crimes being committed with fully automatic weapons. I also found it interesting since I own the semi Auto version of the pictured gangster styled Thompson 1927-A1

That really doesn’t surprise me. The Length people have to go through to get a class III firearm I doubt anyone would want to lose that. Not to mention it’s really hard to get a full auto even with the license. So I don’t see many if any criminals getting their hands on one.

That really doesn’t surprise me. The Length people have to go through to get a class III firearm I doubt anyone would want to lose that. Not to mention it’s really hard to get a full auto even with the license. So I don’t see many if any criminals getting their hands on one.
Agreed KL, what I found amusing (or anger), is the Gifford Law Center wants them all banned (even though there isn't really a case made they were used in crimes other than the few the author states). I was also surprised (somewhat), the NRA stance on the issue after the NFA law passed.

"Yet, even when the law was passed, then-NRA President Karl Frederick agreed that restricting civilian ownership of such firearms was the right course of action – though he did question the law’s effectiveness given that individuals could still legally buy a machine gun."

Interesting article with research done for crimes being committed with fully automatic weapons. I also found it interesting since I own the semi Auto version of the pictured gangster styled Thompson 1927-A1

Nice article, good read, thanks

Back