testtest

Head Shot at 50 feet in 6 seconds

MsMelissa

Operator
Founding Member
I don’t know how many of you have seen the video from the Texas Church shooting on 12/29/2019, but it is an incredible example how quickly things can happen and how one person with a CCW can change a lot of people’s lives.

Could you respond in less than 6 seconds and make that head shot at 50 feet and save 230 people?

That was an amazing shot. Though he himself mentioned that in all his years of teaching students he would tell them to not go for the head shot first. In this case there were other people moving around, he waited an extra second or two for a clear shot, and the head was the best shot he felt that he could safely make.

Another reason to also carry one in the chamber already.

Jack Wison is 71 years old. Reacted immediately. Made an incredible shot and saved a lot of lives. I’m curious as to what he was carrying that day. I haven’t seen any mention of it.

I watched the live stream video several times, it seems to me the guy made his move during a prayer, looked like he was wearing a wig, that makes me think he expected to get away, I keep hearing he was shot by two people but can’t hear a second report on the video. Anyone know anything more? The media seems to have dropped it. Comments?

When the media talked about two shooters responding, I think they were referring to the first gentleman who was shot while reaching for his gun. I heard only one response shot.

Well I have heard several different makes. Sig, Glock. I dont know which he had. But it makes for some good memes.

White Settlement TX church - mess with Gods hour get the Sig Sauer.jpg

White Settlement TX church - threaten the flock get clapped with a Glock.jpg

AAAaaaannnnd of course the antigun lunatics immediately turned out showing more concern for the perp being shot in the head and the necessity for a closed-casket funeral (oh, the horror!) rather than relief that innocent Christians were spared being killed. That, and how 'awful' that law-abiding citizens dared to use their guns in a house of God!

This whole affair shows the gun control crowd doesn't give a damn about saving lives, they JUST WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS. ALL OF THEM. BY FORCE. USING MEN WITH GUNS. But wait, the idiocy is just getting started!! Check out the breathtaking stupidity of THIS FEMALE (I wont call her a 'lady') - and see my meme at the bottom in reply:
White Settlement TX church - Special Kind of Stupid.jpg

I watched the live stream video several times, it seems to me the guy made his move during a prayer, looked like he was wearing a wig, that makes me think he expected to get away, I keep hearing he was shot by two people but can’t hear a second report on the video. Anyone know anything more? The media seems to have dropped it. Comments?
He shot two people only shot by one person.

I have been trying to count how many armed parishioners responded was it six? Or more? What hurts the most is the second man shot who got up off the floor and sat down on the deacons bench, dazed and dying. The reaction of his daughter screaming daddy! Daddy! And getting to him in the panic. And you know that that is the last few seconds that father and daughter will spend together. Makes my chest hurt.

I have been trying to count how many armed parishioners responded was it six? Or more? What hurts the most is the second man shot who got up off the floor and sat down on the deacons bench, dazed and dying. The reaction of his daughter screaming daddy! Daddy! And getting to him in the panic. And you know that that is the last few seconds that father and daughter will spend together. Makes my chest hurt.
Yea six responders “after the fact” only two initial responders. One died and the second took the headshot. The scary part of it all was the amount of flags and crowd sweeps happened during the response. One of you watch carefully didn’t even have a loaded firearm. Once he loaded it he loaded in in direction of mass crowd. Only 2 people responded to victim. Second victim didn’t get a response from anyone.

However it’s always easy to play the if I was there game after the fact. I’m sorry that those two men died and I’m grateful for the people that put their lives on the line to protect the flock.

Mr. Moderator, you alluded to, only one person responded to help the victim. So my comment is. six guns but no trauma kit? Could someone have stopped blood loss and possibly saved the second victim? We carry guns, we train with guns, why don’t we take an EMT or first responder course. Where was the trauma bag in the church? And yes I went to EMT school. And yes I have several trauma bags. I never go to the range without one. I worked in an ER for many years and have seen many bullet wounds. A trauma bag and appropriate use training would be a thread to start.

Mr. Moderator, you alluded to, only one person responded to help the victim. So my comment is. six guns but no trauma kit? Could someone have stopped blood loss and possibly saved the second victim? We carry guns, we train with guns, why don’t we take an EMT or first responder course. Where was the trauma bag in the church? And yes I went to EMT school. And yes I have several trauma bags. I never go to the range without one. I worked in an ER for many years and have seen many bullet wounds. A trauma bag and appropriate use training would be a thread to start.
Good sir I don’t have those answers as I was not there or one of the responders. I fully agree with you that a trauma kit should be available and the appropriate training given. I like you have extensive medical training and have a trauma kit with me as well.

My personal belief is that if proper and quick response to the victim could have possibly saved his life. However again I will say I was not there and don’t know the full extent of his injuries so I can’t say for certain if it would have helped.

Mr. Moderator, as soon as I figure out how to start a new thread discussion, I will. I may call it trauma bags and training. Now how do I start?

Mr. Moderator, as soon as I figure out how to start a new thread discussion, I will. I may call it trauma bags and training. Now how do I start?
Click the forum in which topic belongs (ie gear) it’ll say in top right corner post tread. You can then create your title and write your post below.

Attachments

• C959A7B6-D905-4315-92A0-7FB31010283B.png
    C959A7B6-D905-4315-92A0-7FB31010283B.png
    783.6 KB · Views: 279
He was carrying a Sig P229 chambered in Sig 357
Thank you for the info on the P229. That was an incredible shot! To be in the heat of the moment with such a fast response and hitting a small target (head) from that distance? Wow! Impressive!

Back