testtest

HEARING PROTECTION FOR SHOOTING

I worked as a welder for a heavy equipment radiator manufacteror. They installed a CNC punch press about 10 yards from my work station. It was bad enough on .125" material but man when they were punching .250" stuff it was like a machine gun going off. The bad thing was back then , and still to this day , I couldn't stand to wear solid ear plugs. I would get an almost migraine type head ache as soon as I inserted them in my ears.

I have the right ear ringing also , Mine's from Shooting of course , But Also Music . And i really don't think it helped being on a Battle Ship In the Navy . Like I said shooting the 16 in guns. LOL ..Just catches up with you ...

Oh Sorry , I use Plugs for protection But I also have the Walkers Razor head set . Great set but kinda bulky shooting .

I have the right ear ringing also , Mine's from Shooting of course , But Also Music . And i really don't think it helped being on a Battle Ship In the Navy . Like I said shooting the 16 in guns. LOL ..Just catches up with you ...

Oh Sorry , I use Plugs for protection But I also have the Walkers Razor head set . Great set but kinda bulky shooting .
Which BB did you serve aboard, and how often were the 16"ers fired?

Last edited:
I wore foam plugs for 22 plus years while working in manufacturing and never had significant hearing loss or issues. It wasn’t until a trip to the indoor range last year and forgot my ear muffs and just used foam plugs. Getting placed next to someone on my right who brought his civil war cannon my right ear has never been the same. I have no ringing but sounds are muffled ☹️ Friday I go to have my hearing evaluated for the possibility of needing hearing aids. Now I fully understand my age of 62 has a lot to do with my current hearing loss I now use both foam plugs as well as electronic muffs while shooting.
71CB9629-B894-4E50-A6AA-FADAF1A09718.jpeg

I used these once so far shooting both my AR Pistols in 300BO and 5.56 with foam plugs and had no discomfort after a total of 200 rounds.

I wore foam plugs for 22 plus years while working in manufacturing and never had significant hearing loss or issues. It wasn’t until a trip to the indoor range last year and forgot my ear muffs and just used foam plugs. Getting placed next to someone on my right who brought his civil war cannon my right ear has never been the same. I have no ringing but sounds are muffled ☹ Friday I go to have my hearing evaluated for the possibility of needing hearing aids. Now I fully understand my age of 62 has a lot to do with my current hearing loss I now use both foam plugs as well as electronic muffs while shooting.
View attachment 5662
I used these once so far shooting both my AR Pistols in 300BO and 5.56 with foam plugs and had no discomfort after a total of 200 rounds.
I typically double up on ear pro while indoors. I tried just using foamie's once and I didn't realize that one of them wasn't quite seated correctly and when I left the range my hearing was totally screwed for a few days in that ear. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with my hearing since maybe I just got lucky.

I typically double up on ear pro while indoors. I tried just using foamie's once and I didn't realize that one of them wasn't quite seated correctly and when I left the range my hearing was totally screwed for a few days in that ear. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with my hearing since maybe I just got lucky.
I was upset with myself that after the first shot I didn’t just leave but thought I could handle it. Obviously I was wrong.

Which BB did you serve aboard, and how often were the 16"ers fired?

USS Iowa BB-61 , The Big Stick. Well I lost count over in the Med. Did A lot of service there and in the Gulf . And alot of other places . And Been there for a few full Broad sides , Which is all three turrets for a total of 9 # 16in. guns at once. It moves the ship side ways about 100 feet. It rocks your boat. LOL.

USS Iowa BB-61 , The Big Stick. Well I lost count over in the Med. Did A lot of service there and in the Gulf . And alot of other places . And Been there for a few full Broad sides , Which is all three turrets for a total of 9 # 16in. guns at once. It moves the ship side ways about 100 feet. It rocks your boat. LOL.
Cool. Were you a GM, and what years did you serve? 100 feet sideways!?

Last edited:
What no .380 brass in your ears? I use the Walker's Razor Electronic Ear Muffs with Walkie Talkie, 2 Pack purchase from Sportsmans guide dot com. IF you have a friend you can talk to him on the radio as well they are great for hunting because you can hear normally and also communicate with others who use the same system at more than a mile away it's awesome.
61Nmbx+ljkL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

I've had Tinnitus for over 5 year's now. Due too heavy equipment use, fire arms, music, and stupidity basically. These walker electronic ear muffs with radio contact sound awesome, what's the cost? Are they easy to set up maintain and use?

What no .380 brass in your ears? I use the Walker's Razor Electronic Ear Muffs with Walkie Talkie, 2 Pack purchase from Sportsmans guide dot com. IF you have a friend you can talk to him on the radio as well they are great for hunting because you can hear normally and also communicate with others who use the same system at more than a mile away it's awesome.
View attachment 5680
I have a pair of Walkers ear muffs does the com setup work on every model??

Back