testtest

Heaven's Door Whiskey

That is great info Killer !
I read once that prior to Prohibition, the Irish whiskeys (Bushmills, et al.) had the market in the USA... Scotch was a distant second. But when that intrusive gov’t experiment failed and our liquor laws were relaxed, the canny Scots captured the market and have kept it ever since- at least as far as the western Europe brands go. Is that true ?
Yes and no.
In the beginning yes, but Bushmills has gained ground last 25 yrs as a shot drink which you cant do with scotch. Scotch overall outsells Irish whisky but Irish whisky is distilled 3 times , making is softer and less flavor, thus able to do as shots.

I’m down with a nice, aged single malt occasionally. A couple fingers in a tumbler with one ice cube. I can’t stand bourbon or Kentucky whiskey. My main squeezes are Belgian, Trappiste ales or a nice martini 5-1 with Bombay Sapphire, Hendricks or in a pinch Beefeater. I’m not too particular with the vermouth because I barely use it. Churchill’s martini recipe wasn’t far wrong.

I’m down with a nice, aged single malt occasionally. A couple fingers in a tumbler with one ice cube. I can’t stand bourbon or Kentucky whiskey. My main squeezes are Belgian, Trappiste ales or a nice martini 5-1 with Bombay Sapphire, Hendricks or in a pinch Beefeater. I’m not too particular with the vermouth because I barely use it. Churchill’s martini recipe wasn’t far wrong.
You’re hitting on all my favorites! G&T with Bombay Sapphire is my go to. Belgian beers and Trappist ales are fantastic. And spending a large part of my life in London, I travelled north to the highlands to sample the local culture many times.

"I can’t stand bourbon or Kentucky whiskey."

Blasphemy!

j/k. 🤔 As a Kentuckian I think we're req'd to yell that. 😊

I just gotta ask...... what's yer take on a good Tennessee sour mash?

I just gotta ask...... what's yer take on a good Tennessee sour mash?
When I was 16 I played quarters against a guy much better than me with Jack Daniels. Within a half hour I was vomiting. To this day the smell of it starts the juices flowing in my neck that precede vomiting. Similarly when I was about 14 I drank 2 bottles of Mad Dog ( MD 20/20 ). I couldn’t eat grape jelly for like ten years.

I like my Scotch 😁

pics of me throwing grain to turn it over for drying during the smoke process we discussed. Its laid out on the floor or racks to dry. Fire at one end. Windows open at the other to suck the heat and smoke thru to dry. Wet grain will mold in a couple days like your shower towel on the floor, so the need for heat and smoke. Like drying fish on a rack.

Some of my consumed collection:View attachment 14994View attachment 14995View attachment 14997View attachment 14996
Nice work...The Macallan and Famous Grouse are my Scotches of choice...Eagle Rare my favorite Bourbon but will happily drink whatever you pour for me

Nice work...The Macallan and Famous Grouse are my Scotches of choice...Eagle Rare my favorite Bourbon but will happily drink whatever you pour for me
Macallan owns Famous Grouse . Mac, Grouse and Highland Park are all owned by the same firm.

grouse is blended with Macallan that doesnt make the cut

When I was 16 I played quarters against a guy much better than me with Jack Daniels. Within a half hour I was vomiting. To this day the smell of it starts the juices flowing in my neck that precede vomiting. Similarly when I was about 14 I drank 2 bottles of Mad Dog ( MD 20/20 ). I couldn’t eat grape jelly for like ten years.
Oh, have mercy!!! (y)(y)(y):):):) Apparently drinkin' games are just not for you.... huh? Believe me when I say I can understand.

Back