testtest

Hellcat: 20K Rounds & Counting!

Pretty impressive, and a testament to Springfield Armory quality in manufacturing. When I purchased my XD-S Mod. 2, I took it to the range and fired a string and had a single failure to eject. My Son exclaimed, "WOW, I've never seen a Springfield misfire before." I explained that it wasn't the gun's fault, it was on me. I'll not elaborate on my poor technique for that shot. I can say with certainty that my next handgun purchase will definitely be a Springfield.

Pretty impressive, and a testament to Springfield Armory quality in manufacturing. When I purchased my XD-S Mod. 2, I took it to the range and fired a string and had a single failure to eject. My Son exclaimed, "WOW, I've never seen a Springfield misfire before." I explained that it wasn't the gun's fault, it was on me. I'll not elaborate on my poor technique for that shot. I can say with certainty that my next handgun purchase will definitely be a Springfield.
Same here, I very much want the SA XDM-Elite 9mm. Solid looking handgun, still concealable but with a 20-round mag...

I’ve seriously been considering a new revolver but have decided to wait.
just don’t need another handgun right now however if Springfield decides to make a revolver I might just reconsider.
The bottom line is I don’t see myself buying another weapon of any kind that’s not a Springfield Armory Product.

I saw this video/article. Speaks a lot of volume on a pistol. 20,000 rounds with no issues is something to take not of. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Have been very pleased with my SA purchases.

Just another nudge... teasing me to give my hard-earned money to Springfield Armory (again). I've been extremely pleased with my XD Mod.2 subcompact and the Hellcat is definitely on my "list."

Great job!

That’s impressive for a small compact pistol to go through this, I don’t think too many others will do as good.
I’m going to say impressive also but in the article they mention changing out the recoil spring assembly every 2,500 rounds, is this something every HellCat owner should do? Or should we all do that with our Springfield handguns? They said no malfunctions but they took one part of the gun out of the equation by replacing it on a regular schedule yet tout the whole gun as being bullet proof
(No pun intended)
sooooo I don’t understand.

To the fellow (Mack2) about wasting ammo: Endurance under pressure....not salesmanship. Period.

BUT! To Springfield Armory (yeah, they've heard this from me before....hahahah)

WHEN will Hellcat be available in .45???

I'm guessing, given history, September 2020....but it would be nice to know.... They aren't telling! Darn it.

I’m going to say impressive also but in the article they mention changing out the recoil spring assembly every 2,500 rounds, is this something every HellCat owner should do? Or should we all do that with our Springfield handguns? They said no malfunctions but they took one part of the gun out of the equation by replacing it on a regular schedule yet tout the whole gun as being bullet proof
(No pun intended)
sooooo I don’t understand.
I change my recoil springs every 5,000 rounds, I am referring to the complete recoils assembly, now on the the plain spring, same amount of rounds or if the spring is 2-3 coils shorter then a new one, which ever comes first.

I change my recoil springs every 5,000 rounds, I am referring to the complete recoils assembly, now on the the plain spring, same amount of rounds or if the spring is 2-3 coils shorter then a new one.
Well I’m not even close to those numbers so I guess I have some time, I wonder how long those assemblies will be available from Springfield or can they be found elsewhere?

My suggestion, buy one now for each of your guns.....better safe then sorry.....everytime I buy a new pistol, I always order an extra assembly just to have.
When I email customer service should I include the serial numbers for each gun so there is no confusion on parts? Is this something I should also do for my 1911RO?

When I email customer service should I include the serial numbers for each gun so there is no confusion on parts? Is this something I should also do for my 1911RO?
Sometimes they may ask for the serial number, on your 1911RO is it full size, for a full size 1911, I personally use a 18 1/2 pound variable rate spring....on a commander I use a 20 pound spring if I remember right, usually I get Wolff springs.

Sometimes they may ask for the serial number, on your 1911RO is it full size, for a full size 1911, I personally use a 18 1/2 pound variable rate spring....on a commander I use a 20 pound spring if I remember right, usually I get Wolff springs, they also come with a firing pin spring for the 1911’s.
Full size. I figured there would be more aftermarket parts for the 1911

Back