testtest

Hellcat: 20K Rounds & Counting!

The hard part for me would be deciding whether to buy the 3.8 or 5.25.

Having both an XDM 5.25 and XDM 3.8 Compact, with both fitting the same 3 holsters, I can tell you that the 5.25 is a bit long to carry. Carrying OWB the barrel wants to peek out of even longer shirt tails, and carrying IWB is just not comfortable with that long of a barrel. I can carry the 3.8 all day long and not feel it in my Crossbreed Supertuck.

Also when carried OWB, the 5.25 carried at 3 to 5 o'clock has a tendency for the barrel to hit the seat when you sit down in the car or a chair.

Get the 5.25 if you want a great gun to shoot and for home defense, or you carry OWB all the time and wear long shirts untucked all the time, and can deal with the possibility it hits the chair when you sit down. Otherwise, I would go for the 3.8 if you mean to carry it.

Sometimes they may ask for the serial number, on your 1911RO is it full size, for a full size 1911, I personally use a 18 1/2 pound variable rate spring....on a commander I use a 20 pound spring if I remember right, usually I get Wolff springs.

I go old school, and use JMB’s original design spec for a .45...14# spring.

Never any issues, either...change my 1911 out every 4K rounds or so.

When I email customer service should I include the serial numbers for each gun so there is no confusion on parts? Is this something I should also do for my 1911RO?

I wouldn't worry about customer service...go to Wolff Gunsprings, order your desired weight (as I mentioned, I go 14#, but a lot of people like 16# or 18#) spring...the nice thing is, they include a firing pin spring, which you really should replace at the same time as your recoil spring.

https://www.gunsprings.com/COLT/1911%20GOV'T%20PISTOL/cID1/mID1/dID1

Yes, it says Colt, but a Gov't 1911 is a Gov't 1911...the only 1911 spring specific to SA is the ILS compatible mainspring...

Just don't use the one installed. The action remains the same. Get some!
Just don't use the one installed. The action remains the same. Get some!
I'm sorry, I gave you bad advice. I was talking with a friend about, you guessed it, guns, and confused my outside conversation while reading your post. We were talking about a M&P Shield with a safety. I wrote my response to him to you. Get some is what Miculek the Smith and Wesson speed shooting international champion says when he shoots.

Need or want?

Happy 4th All.

I really WANT one, but it I NEED it to have a manual safety. I know all the arguments for not having one. Again, I'm old school, and have always trained with it (Go Army), and keep a round chambered when carrying.
I've liked everything I've read about the Hellcat. But until they add a thumb safety, I'll stick with my (don't say it) Kimber Micro Nightfall (dang, he said it) for my EDC.

Happy 4th All.

I really WANT one, but it I NEED it to have a manual safety. I know all the arguments for not having one. Again, I'm old school, and have always trained with it (Go Army), and keep a round chambered when carrying.
I've liked everything I've read about the Hellcat. But until they add a thumb safety, I'll stick with my (don't say it) Kimber Micro Nightfall (dang, he said it) for my EDC.

I keep a round chambered while carrying... with my XDM or Ruger LCP. The safety is the holster covering the trigger, and not having a finger on the trigger until you mean to fire. That said, I understand where you are coming from - you have that thumb safety ingrained as something to flip as you draw, and it may be hard to overcome fiddling around looking for a safety.

I keep a round chambered while carrying... with my XDM or Ruger LCP. The safety is the holster covering the trigger, and not having a finger on the trigger until you mean to fire. That said, I understand where you are coming from - you have that thumb safety ingrained as something to flip as you draw, and it may be hard to overcome fiddling around looking for a safety.

Not really; I have it ingrained from years of carrying a 1911...I’ve found myself “thumbing the safety” on my VP9, or other “safetyless” pistols...it’s just my thumb starts high, flicks down into position, and by that point I’m just about on target and taking up trigger slack.

Same here, I very much want the SA XDM-Elite 9mm. Solid looking handgun, still concealable but with a 20-round mag...
I have the Hellcat and the Elite 9mm. They are both amazing. BUT by far the Elite is my favorite, although my Hellcat is a better carry option. The Elite is as accurate at 7 as my XDM 4.5. My primary carry is the 911, but I do carry the Elite also. But this is just the opinion of a 63 yr old Grandmother.

I have the Hellcat and the Elite 9mm. They are both amazing. BUT by far the Elite is my favorite, although my Hellcat is a better carry option. The Elite is as accurate at 7 as my XDM 4.5. My primary carry is the 911, but I do carry the Elite also. But this is just the opinion of a 63 yr old Grandmother.
How difficult is the Elite to carry concealed?

I traded an XDs in .45 and a XDe in 9mm, that I couldn't reach the trigger in DA mode with out switching my grip, for a Sig 365, but when this gun crazy Covid -19 stops, I will get a Hellcat, if it fits my leather holster for the XDs.

The striker on my Hellcat broke two nights ago, and I have fired a minuscule amount compared to 20,000 rounds. I’ve had the pistol for about 9 months.

However, because I did not opt for the warranty, SA most likely will not replace it. I sent an email to them, so I guess I will find out on Monday.
024D80FE-9A3C-4654-9808-2AF91D151D05.jpeg

Back