testtest

Hellcat holsters

I am a female looking for suggestions on comfortable concealed holsters to carry my Hellcat. I can't seem to find one that isn't bulky. I definitely need one that locks my pistol in so there would be no chance of it falling out during altercations. Any suggestions?
Are you looking for IWB? I bought a Kydex Tulster holster that I carry IWB in the middle of my back. I barely feel it when worn and it also has an adjustment screw to adjust the tension on the weapon.

Yes IWB, I was thinking behind my back. I don't know how hard it would be to get to it quickly. I wouldn't think any different than front.
Pistolprincess, here’s another holster option. It’s the Crossbreed Reckoning that I purchased for my non OSP Hellcat. They make other models that fit the Hellcat & all have the option for the OSP Hellcat (if that’s what you have), as well. I like the Reckoning since it can be configured for OWB or IWB (I configured mine for IWB). I have other IWB Croosbreed holsters for some of my other compact pistols and like them very much, and find the pistol retention to be very good for my carry purpose. There are many other holster makers that now support the Hellcat pistol also, so good luck with your search.

I am a female looking for suggestions on comfortable concealed holsters to carry my Hellcat. I can't seem to find one that isn't bulky. I definitely need one that locks my pistol in so there would be no chance of it falling out during altercations. Any suggestions?
First off I want to take a second and say welcome to the forum. I’m glad to see women on here and exercising your rights to carry. Now as far as Hellcat Holsters I’ve personally only found 3 that I really like. Unfortunately for you none of them are 6 o’clock carry. First is 1791’s 4in1 for the hellcat it’s great for iwb and owb. For owb only I use upper hand holster I know the owner and he does amazing work. For iwb only I use critical concealment holster for the hellcat. All holsters mentioned above are OSP compatibles.

My wife is using a between the belt and pant leather slide. (Unfortunately these great Galco holsters are no longer made since some idiot shot himself holstering his Glock.) The belt tension provides the retention factor. I wear my Hellcat in an on the belt leather holster and it doesn't print under my T- shirts.

First, thank you for asking. I'll share my own concealed carry experience with you. For many years I carried a J Frame in an absolutely super comfortable holster from https://www.pistolwear.com/holsters/

This is not an ordinary belly band that lets your gun squeeze its way out when you bend down. It has positive retention. I have the Trump Card mini for my J Frame. My Hellcat OSP does fit albeit it is very snug and that is without the optic. I will get the larger one when that time comes. It has no requirement for a belt or dependence on any other clothing to keep it in place. In the heat of the summer I can wear 'BBQ' shorts or loose swim shorts (just as example), you could play basket ball with no worry of any loss of control and no printing. I don't want to sound like an advertisement but I'm 5'5", 145 lbs. and have no hips for a belt to rest on. I have to cinch a belt tight to hold up car keys and a flash light. For comfort and concealment, none better.

This is however up front not behind the back. Position is personal preference. To me Small Of the Back, would have some cant, for yourself maybe not.

First off I want to take a second and say welcome to the forum. I’m glad to see women on here and exercising your rights to carry. Now as far as Hellcat Holsters I’ve personally only found 3 that I really like. Unfortunately for you none of them are 6 o’clock carry. First is 1791’s 4in1 for the hellcat it’s great for iwb and owb. For owb only I use upper hand holster I know the owner and he does amazing work. For iwb only I use critical concealment holster for the hellcat. All holsters mentioned above are OSP compatibles.

KLGunner I have been looking for a Hellcat OSP holster and found the 1791 4 way I think you reference. I need OSP model support so I'm curious of the red dot optic on your Hellcat. Nothing personal mind you but I just want to know for certain if that holster will actually work with the OSP because their support says it does not. But I don't know if support actually has a Hellcat OSP with optic installed and that holster on hand.

for Pistolprincess, the 1791 should work SOB worn horizontally as show in their 4 way wear guide
https://1791gunleather.com/product/4wh-4-ways-holster/ .

Another question for KLGunner, and every one else here, does this holster really provide enough retention to be worn as shown here? How much activity would you be comfortable doing while wearing this method. Personally I would like a thumb break. I am curious of other folks experience here. thanks. If I should start a separate thread rather than high jack this one I will.

1596610943335.png

KLGunner I have been looking for a Hellcat OSP holster and found the 1791 4 way I think you reference. I need OSP model support so I'm curious of the red dot optic on your Hellcat. Nothing personal mind you but I just want to know for certain if that holster will actually work with the OSP because their support says it does not. But I don't know if support actually has a Hellcat OSP with optic installed and that holster on hand.

for Pistolprincess, the 1791 should work SOB worn horizontally as show in their 4 way wear guide
https://1791gunleather.com/product/4wh-4-ways-holster/ .

Another question for KLGunner, and every one else here, does this holster really provide enough retention to be worn as shown here? How much activity would you be comfortable doing while wearing this method. Personally I would like a thumb break. I am curious of other folks experience here. thanks. If I should start a separate thread rather than high jack this one I will.

View attachment 8660
First very interesting carry position, not one I would try at all. Secondly I had the Shield RMSc on my Hellcat when I was using that holster. I’ve sense moved to Critical Concealment IWB holster as it fit my carry needs better.

I tried a WTP (We The People) IWB, found it printed to obviously and was slightly uncomfortable. I am now using that holster in my car, clipped to the steering wheel column. To replace it, I'm currently using an IWB Crossbreed Reckoning at the appendix position. It took about a week to get used to it. It's supposed to accommodate a red dot optical such as the Swampfox Sentinel or the Shield.

I'm not a fan of Kydex as I prefer leather. I have yet to find a Kydex holster that matches leather for comfort. I live in Florida where we wear shorts and Ts most of the year. Finding a holster that works in this hot humid climate minimally prints and doesn't stab you somewhere is a challenge. Additionally, a desirable feature is quick and easy removal because there are places where the owners would prefer you not enter with a weapon or a weapon is not allowed. For me an ideal would be a thin but sturdy leather holster that used magnetic retention on a flap (similar to the JM-4 Tactical) that you can slip the retention flap over the waistband with no belt or without removing the belt and hugs close to your body OWB. (The JM-4 Tactical doesn't sit closeneough to the body not to print.). I have found 3 holsters that work for me but none is ideal. New Pacific Leather offers a Hellcat OSP OWB with belt loop cut outs in a pancake style and it is comfortable and minimally prints and very inexpensive for a high quality leather holster at $45. A little higher quality leather with double snaps and OWB mini pancake for the Hellcat OSP is the De Santis MINI SCABBARD (SPRINGFIELD ARMORY HELLCAT 3", Color: Black, Fit: Right, Application: SPRINGFIELD HELLCAT 3", SKU: 019BA9PZ0). It is a little nicer made and retention is a little better but the snaps are more difficult to put on and off than just threading a belt through loops. My third holster is a very expensive holster for my Sig P365 XL with OSP and it is the Kusiak American IWB. It was around $170. The leather is superb, thin and strong and the craftsmanship is way up there. I did modify mine by removing the wood paddle (as pretty as it is) I found it to be more uncomfortable, and I removed the snap straps and replaced them with a double Utilclip that makes it quicker to use and remove while holding it very securely.

I am still searching for my elusive perfect holster like everyone else but these three have been the best for me so far.

The Crossbreed does poke me in the gut a little, depending on how I seat it on my belt...maybe I have too much of it (gut) that is. My wife complains it prints to much for her, so I may take a look at your suggestions, barjohn. Any further recommendations will be appreciated.
I'm still waiting for Rocky Brass to get in the Swampox Sentinel-A red dot that fits the Hellcat OSP. Guy Mancuso got a Swampfox Sentinel-M and his review on this site was a very good one...I learned a lot.

OK...thanks, I'll take a look.
BTW...those holsters on DeSantis and New Pacific looked interesting. I couldn't find an IWB at New Pacifc but the DeSantis non-standard looked good but out-of-stock. Heading over to Ranier Arms.

Back