testtest

Hellcat holsters

barjohn...I just checked out the Ranier Arms site and it looks interesting. (They say they are veteran and LEO owned, which gives them a leg up.) I left a message asking if they also had an automatic model in addition to their manual model. If their model fits the Hellcat OSP, as they say, it appears as if it would match the manual Swampfox Sentinel-M and be $40 cheaper. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

There are good reviews on the site and it looks an awful lot like the Swampfox unit. Maybe made by the same company and rebranded for each.

I had the RMSc (automatic) and I still have the Sig Romeo 0 (Manual) and now the Holosun 507K (Manual) and I have to say that I prefer the manual. The auto ones try but the problem is that they are responding to the light that hits the optic and not necessarily the light at the target and if there is no override you either wind up with too bright a reticle that haloes out your ability to see the target or a reticle you can't see. With the manual ones you decide what works best for you and it is easy to change if needed but I find that I can go for the lowest setting I can see in normal outdoor conditions or the highest setting for indoor conditions and one or the other will work well for 98% of conditions I am in. I generally weight for indoors as that is where home defense would be needed and I usually shoot an indoor range.

By the way the Romeo 0 works very well on both the Hellcat and the P365 XL. I just don't know how rugged it is and I now it is not water proof at all. Same price as the Riton I linked above.

That's what I was thinking. I'll talk with them tomorrow, rather than exchange emails. Their "no questions, lifetime warranty" ( if true), says something about the projected quality of their product.

barjohn...talked with Jason at Rainier Arms a few minutes ago. It appears that the Riton Optics X3 Tactix MPRD Micro Red Dot is essentially the same as the Swampfox Sentinel-M, just a little less expensive. It does have an automatic shutoff after 12 hours, which would work for me, as I could turn it on when I leave the house and it'll turn itself off 12 hours later. I should be getting it in about a week, with free shipping, and I plan on taking it to the range on September 13th to zero it in. As Guy Mancuso did when he tried out his Swampfox, I'll post how it goes.

Glad to hear you are giving it a try. They can all be hard to get at this crazy time. Like Ammo. I am finding it but paying way more than I used to.

Yeah...way back I bought a bunch and the prices have increased out of sight. Fortunately, I have enough 9 mms (for now).😁

barjohn...talked with Jason at Rainier Arms a few minutes ago. It appears that the Riton Optics X3 Tactix MPRD Micro Red Dot is essentially the same as the Swampfox Sentinel-M, just a little less expensive. It does have an automatic shutoff after 12 hours, which would work for me, as I could turn it on when I leave the house and it'll turn itself off 12 hours later. I should be getting it in about a week, with free shipping, and I plan on taking it to the range on September 13th to zero it in. As Guy Mancuso did when he tried out his Swampfox, I'll post how it goes.
I’m interested in the fitment on the hellcat, I put it in my shopping cart on amazon,

I am a female looking for suggestions on comfortable concealed holsters to carry my Hellcat. I can't seem to find one that isn't bulky. I definitely need one that locks my pistol in so there would be no chance of it falling out during altercations. Any suggestions?
wow Princess !! That can be a tough one. Can you let me know what you have tried and where you would prefer to keep it on your person? Also, open carry or conceal carry? Carry for work or casual. If work, sales, warehouse work, office work ??? Last question, what kind of activity that might get you in an altercation? Last question is the most important. P.S. Most comfortable is in a purse made for carry.

If you are like my wife your purse weighs a ton without a loaded pistol. Add a loaded Hellcat and that will be one heavy bag you will not want to always be carrying. Set it down and someone steals it and now they have your wallet, your address and your gun. If you are going to carry you want it close to you where you can get it out and use it before someone can take it from you and use it on you.

Pistolprincess, This may help you out , she displays allot of different holsters that work for different clothing

Back