testtest

Hellcat mag switch

H
Where can one find the instructions to change the mag release to the other side on a Hellcat ?
Here is the owners manual in PDF format for the Springfield Hell Cat 9mm Pistol you can use this Link to view anyone could have said the owners manual but I like to help folks with the full information on any of the Springfield line of firearms, But looking thru the Owners manual I was not able to find that information. I hope you enjoy your Springfield Armory HellCat 9mm Pistol. I think you should contact customer service at 1- 800-680-6866 and they might be able to help you, It's not so simple on the XDM Punches and removal of pins is required I did it for a South Paw Friend and put an aftermarket extended release on it for him it was not so fun. https://d7g7q7y3.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/HCSafetyManual_5.pdf

• Remove the slide.
  • Reach in with a long enough tool like a small skinny flat head screw driver from the top of the frame. find the silver straight rod looking spring and unhook it from the mag release button.
  • pull the mag release button from the frame and turn it around
  • insert it in the frame about half way in
  • take your tool (screwdriver) and move the spring out of the way so you can finish pushing in the button.
  • use the tool to rehook the spring into the button

Last edited:
  • Remove the slide.
  • Reach in with a long enough tool like a small skinny flat head screw driver from the top of the frame. find the silver strait rod looking spring and unhook it from the mag release button.
  • take your tool (screwdriver) and move the spring out of the way so you can finish pushing in the button.
In the mean time your screen keeps turning off and your parts start flying all over never too be seen again!

In the mean time your screen keeps turning off and your parts start flying all over never too be seen again!

The Hellcat mag release assembly is two parts, the mag release button and spring. Nothing should go flying, remember this mag release is based off another popular brand of poly pistol that is still made about 130km from HS produkts in Croatia.

The Hellcat mag release assembly is two parts, the mag release button and spring. Nothing should go flying, remember this mag release is based off another popular brand of poly pistol that is still made about 130km from HS produkts in Croatia.
It's more for the infomercial peeps, not literally just figuratively! No confusion implied!

• Remove the slide.
  • Reach in with a long enough tool like a small skinny flat head screw driver from the top of the frame. find the silver straight rod looking spring and unhook it from the mag release button.
THANK YOU ITS NOT IN THE OWNERS MANUAL Can you do a youtube how to video ?

• Remove the slide.
Thanks. After reading your message above
I thought it sounds similar to the M&P and it is. Remove the slide, unhooking the rod (spring) with screwdriver. I reached in from the topside and pulled the rod out with needle nose pliers. The release button needs to be flipped over and reinstalled through the same side it was removed from. Install the rod again and hook it back into the notch, which is now on the opposite side. Very easy.

Back