testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

Just had the Sig Romeo Zero installed on my Hellcat OSP this weekend. The only snafu is the M4 screws supplied with the Romeo Zero are too long. They must be shortened to allow for tightening. Pay attention to the length of the screw so they don't protude too far below the slide so as not to interfere with any of the internals. My gunsmith installed for $25. Works great! Plus the Romeo Zero is less than half the price of a Shield RMSC.
How much do the screws need to be shortened by?

I bought an OSP Hellcat for my wife and purchased the j-point sight which didn’t fit. I was told by Springfield that I got the wrong j-point, I should have bought the 6.5 moa instead of the 8.0. I returned the first OSP and ordered the “correct“ sight only to have the same problem. I contacted j-point and was told that the 4.0, 6.5 micro-reflex, and the 8.0 moa all have the same base. I contacted Springfield for clarification and was told that they just took j-points word that the sight would fit. They weren’t aware that the mounting holes in the sight were further apart than those on the slide. I am waiting on the shield rms-c that I ordered. I am hoping that this wasn’t a gigantic waste of my time and money!

I wonder in this day and age that communication is so lacking between the gear and the guns. It's hard to believe that with guns shows and such that this isn't addressed. Very frustrating for the gun owner.

I am installing a Romeo Zero on a Hellcat right now. Taking an eight of inch of the screws would do it for me. I can't find a 4 mm nut to protect the threads while I use a cut off disk to cut off the screw.
Other than the screws it looks like it was made for t.e Hellcat if you over look the sight standing a bit proud and intruding into the rear sight just a bit. I can sill get a good sight picture but it is a bit slower but I have a Red Dot for that. If that isn't good enough I have Green Crimson Trace 206 Rail Master to put on it.s

When I laid a Kel Tec PF-9 beside it The PF-9 they sure are a lot alike. I expect the Hellcat weighing 5.3 ounces more than the PF-9 with its wider better cushioned grips is what make it much more pleasant gun to shoot than than the little kel Tec.

There will be a new optic option in March or April for under $100. My friend at ADE Advanced Optics (Tony Liu) sent me drawings and plans for a new red dot that will have the Shield RSMc footprint. Below are the drawings (pics) he sent. You can find ADE Advanced Optics at eBay and Amazon as well as ordering directly. ADE is an American company in Oregon and I own several of their optics. These optics quality is comparable to Vortex and Buris but what really sets them apart is outstanding customer service. They have always stood behind their products. I'm just a customer who was looking for a quality red dot reflex sight at a reasonable price when I discovered ADE and 3 years later I still use their products. I won't tell you these are service level quality and durability optics so if you are a LEO they may not be the right choice for a service sidearm but 90% of enthusiast will be more than pleased with them.View attachment 2265

Hey if they need any beta testers I'll be happy to apply.

I can still use the iron sights but the bottom of the U is blocked. I think I can file down the base of Romeo Zero enough to fully clear the sights.

The iron sights are one of the Hellcats best features for a 77 year old man who's vision is dimming as cataracts grow very slowly. I still don't need glasses to drive. On a good day my left eye is still 20/20 and my right 20/30 where I can get them to focus. Its almost always right where the pistol sights are. I can remember reading every line on the eye chart and knowing folks that had better eyesight than I did.

I think Springfield hit home run with the Hellcat.

There will be a new optic option in March or April for under $100. My friend at ADE Advanced Optics (Tony Liu) sent me drawings and plans for a new red dot that will have the Shield RSMc footprint. Below are the drawings (pics) he sent. You can find ADE Advanced Optics at eBay and Amazon as well as ordering directly. ADE is an American company in Oregon and I own several of their optics. These optics quality is comparable to Vortex and Buris but what really sets them apart is outstanding customer service. They have always stood behind their products. I'm just a customer who was looking for a quality red dot reflex sight at a reasonable price when I discovered ADE and 3 years later I still use their products. I won't tell you these are service level quality and durability optics so if you are a LEO they may not be the right choice for a service sidearm but 90% of enthusiast will be more than pleased with them.View attachment 2265

Honestly I had never heard of ADE so I went searching and it looks like their website is down/shutdown..... Anyone have news on them? I am new to the scene when it comes to red dots on pistols.
photostudio_1583716259651.jpg

Would like to hear response on elevation runout and also if co witness is possible without any mods to zero sight. I’m very interested in this sight but some questions still there.

The ADE one is called SPIKE and is expected to Come out in late July with an early August delivery. They will also introduce a new model called STINGRAY that will fit Trijicon RMR slide/screw pattern in Late June/July 2020.
We will first have 4 MOA red dot in July. Green dot with 6MOA in late Fall. It has a sensor, the dot will adjust the brightness itself, battery life is very long.
Another unique feature makes Spike and Stingray stand out is we incorporated “Self-Glow” fiber sight right on the rear of the optic as a helpful addon to work with the already co-witnessed pistol rear sight or without the pistol rear sight.

Attachments

• 409B44AC-6D9E-49E1-8962-7A8DD2845037.png
    409B44AC-6D9E-49E1-8962-7A8DD2845037.png
    910 KB · Views: 585
Hey everyone. Just wanted to post an update. I did purchase the Romeo ZERO. I did (as others suggested/experienced) have to shorten the supplied screws with the RZ. What I did was manually file the screws and test fit until the optic was able to be snugged to the slide with no lift or gap between the optic and the slide. The filing was minimal. Have not been to shoot and find zero yet, but will update when applicable.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post an update. I did purchase the Romeo ZERO. I did (as others suggested/experienced) have to shorten the supplied screws with the RZ. What I did was manually file the screws and test fit until the optic was able to be snugged to the slide with no lift or gap between the optic and the slide. The filing was minimal. Have not been to shoot and find zero yet, but will update when applicable.
Glad it worked out for you. Are you able to co-witness with the RZ?

regards,
jumpinjoe

Just an update on my Hellcat and optics. I bought my Hellcat in early Feb. and Installed a Shield SMSc optic on it in April. I absolutely love it. I have approx 600 rnds thru the cat with the optic. No issues. I'll say that the dot is not as defined as my Vortex Venom on the Shield as it tends to bloom in higher light conditions. In lower light its fine. It does not affect the accuracy at all. I am quite amazed how tight the cat shoots, I would never expect a small pistol to shoot as well as it does.
I am very happy with the pistol sight combination. Co witness is excellent and switching back and forth while shooting is no problem, although the groups expand some with the iron.

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_111535167.jpg
    IMG_20200617_111535167.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,011
The ADE one is called SPIKE and is expected to Come out in late July with an early August delivery. They will also introduce a new model called STINGRAY that will fit Trijicon RMR slide/screw pattern in Late June/July 2020.
We will first have 4 MOA red dot in July. Green dot with 6MOA in late Fall. It has a sensor, the dot will adjust the brightness itself, battery life is very long.
Another unique feature makes Spike and Stingray stand out is we incorporated “Self-Glow” fiber sight right on the rear of the optic as a helpful addon to work with the already co-witnessed pistol rear sight or without the pistol rear sight.

Shawn, Any news on the ADE sights?

I have the Swampfox Sentinel and it works great! It does not have a notch for the sights but has a very low profile which allows you to see the sights. They have two options, one with manual brightness adjustments that shuts off automatically, to save the battery, then turns on when it detect movement (Shake n' Wake). The other has auto brightness and stays on all the time. They are made with aluminum frames and glass optics, both sell for less than $300.

I am new to the forum. I have a Hellcat and mounted the Shield sight to it. I adjusted the red dot to be visible just above the iron sight. After a few rounds, the sight went away and could not be even re-zeroed. Its still a red dot, but cannot be adjusted. The covis 19 took over so it was a month before I could locate and reach out for help from Shield. In early May, I was able to send it to a location in New York. It was received May 11. From New York it was sent back to England and I received notice June 17th, (2020) that the sight had been received by Shield Sights. I have followed up with two additional emails to check the status of the repair/replacement but have not received any notification of progress or even an acknowledgment to my emails.

So, if you plan to spend $400.00 or so on a Shield Sight, I might recommend considering the hassel it is to get the people of Shield to respond/service a problem. I know the Virus has caused slow downs... but this seems a bit too much lag time.

Thanks, DynoDan

Back