testtest

HELLCAT POI PROBLEM...

Good possibility the anticipation of recoil is causing the effect at the range that you're not having with the laser setup.

Yeh, it's a mental thing, and one of the hardest to recognize and overcome. But you'll get there. (y)(y)(y)
I had the same problem when I switched from a 1911 to a striker fired pistol.

Matt thank you for this question. Thank you all for your input I’ve had the same problem with my hellcat. I’ve mostly shot hog leg pistols both double action and break action pistols. So it was completely new to me. My accuracy significantly improved when using 124 grain defense rounds compared to 115 FMJ. It didn’t help my obtain accuracy starting from 20 yards for beginning with a semi auto compact. But I do suggest 124 grain lead core hollow point.

My new Hellcat has a trigger that confounds my accuracy. It's heavy, then sort of variable at the wall, then breaks. By then I've pulled it off target. I have an Apex trigger upgrade kit on it now, wish me luck at the range.
I like to shoot little pistols on a 15 yard backstop at the outdoor range I use. I should be able to hit every other clay pigeon from 15 if the trigger is a bit lighter and more consistent in its break. I have put a Hogue grip sleeve on, too.
I'll be going back out later in the week.
Oh, I also found my front sight needed a few pecks to center it. The rear is out a tiny bit, but it would probably travel too far with a peck, so it is close enough.

Back