testtest

Hellcat Pro Dis-assembly Question

Hope this question isn’t too dumb. I’ve been a Glock guy for many years but purchased a Hellcat Pro today. To dis-assemble I 1) removed mag and verified empty chamber, 2) locked slide back, 3) rotated takedown lever to the 12 o’clock position, 4) pulled slide back to disengage slide lock, 5) while holding slide, I allowed it to go back into battery, 6) pulled trigger and slid slide off of frame. Question: pulling the trigger during this process took a lot more force than the “standard” trigger pull of approx. 6lbs. Is this normal?

Hope this question isn’t too dumb. I’ve been a Glock guy for many years but purchased a Hellcat Pro today. To dis-assemble I 1) removed mag and verified empty chamber, 2) locked slide back, 3) rotated takedown lever to the 12 o’clock position, 4) pulled slide back to disengage slide lock, 5) while holding slide, I allowed it to go back into battery, 6) pulled trigger and slid slide off of frame. Question: pulling the trigger during this process took a lot more force than the “standard” trigger pull of approx. 6lbs. Is this normal?
It is for my Hellcat. Don’t know if that’s how it is supposed to be from the manufacture but it is what it is.

I don't remember if my Hellcat was extra stiff in takedown or not, but with the Apex trigger it has now it is no heavier than when shooting. The Apex slicked it up pretty good. It's about 2 pounds lighter than before and breaks clean.
Not fun to install, though, especially if yours has a manual safety.

Back