testtest

Hellcat Pro disappointed

Lefty

Alpha
I had a Hellcat and sold it because my 365 was softer to shoot.
Then the Hellcat Pro came out and since I love the sights, which is what drew me to the Hellcat in the first place, I thought with the slightly larger size of the pro it would absorb recoil.
Well, I was wrong. My EDC P365x still has less recoil than the larger Hellcat Pro.
To make thing worse I’m not happy with the Pro’s trigger. I find I am more accurate using the first crease on my index finger rather than the pad. I usually use the pad on my other firearms.
I’m thinking of changing the trigger to an Apex.
Any opinions on that?
Thanks

If you are that unhappy with it I would just get rid of it. Spending more money on it would be a waste. Chalk it up to experience and move on
You may have a point but I have a shield red dot on it and and I like the way it co-witnesses.
The grip leaves a little to be desired to so I purchased talon rubber grips but haven’t installed it yet.
I’m hoping it will calm the recoil a bit and give me a better grip.
The Sig 365x and xL, for me, feel and perform better but I like the Hellcat sites better.
If I trade it in for a Sig I will loose money so I’d rather use that money I would loose to make the Hellcat fit me.

Then the Hellcat Pro came out and since I love the sights, which is what drew me to the Hellcat in the first place, I thought with the slightly larger size of the pro it would absorb recoil.
Well, I was wrong. My EDC P365x still has less recoil than the larger Hellcat Pro.
To make thing worse I’m not happy with the Pro’s trigger. I find I am more accurate using the first crease on my index finger rather than the pad. I usually use the pad on my other firearms.
Any opinions on that?
Thanks
Powder RIver Precision is another well regarded option for triggers for SA pistolsi

I guess we all are different, i have the hellcat compact and it don't kick that bad to me. Trigger ain't bad to me either. but we all like different things, which is a good thing. wouldn't it be boring if we all drove the same truck and same color and had the same guns.

It seems your major complaint is recoil impulse. No matter what trigger you put in that's not going to change. Putting another trigger in simply means you spend money on something you are still dissatisfied with.

When do you cut your losses or do you prefer to just live with something that almost works for you. How long will that last?

It seems your major complaint is recoil impulse. No matter what trigger you put in that's not going to change. Putting another trigger in simply means you spend money on something you are still dissatisfied with.

When do you cut your losses or do you prefer to just live with something that almost works for you. How long will that last?
If his mods don't suit him, I doubt he'll have much problem trying to sell it.

Any opinions on that?
Thanks
I just purchased a Pro and having an Apex installed. Came with the worst trigger of any gun I have purchased. Love everything else about the Pro and enjoy my original Hellcat.

Haven't had a striker fired trigger that I've had complaints about or could not shoot well. Some or better than others, but I have found non that are "terrible" or "bad." It's all about learning the trigger. IMHO a lot of these trigger upgrades are being use to compensate for other deficiencies.

Ya'll made me go dry fire mine, i knew it wasn't bad but checked again.

20220916_091923.jpg

I got the Hellcat as soon as they came out with the 10 round mags. I liked everything about the gun, the looks the feel, but when I shot it it just wasn’t right for me. I already have the Glock 43 which I shot very well. So I guess I’m sticking with that. I traded the Hellcat for a
CZ 75BD , it’s a completely different type of pistol yes I know, but it is an outstanding pistol. Now I’m happy.

Back