testtest

Hellcat Pro disappointed

I called Springfield today. I asked if they had a spring package or something of the sort that would enhance the trigger.
The answer was “no” but he said he did understand what I was talking about regarding the feel of the trigger. He also said they built it that way for safety.

I got the Hellcat as soon as they came out with the 10 round mags. I liked everything about the gun, the looks the feel, but when I shot it it just wasn’t right for me. I already have the Glock 43 which I shoot very well. So I guess I’m sticking with that. I traded the Hellcat for a
CZ 75BD , it’s a completely different type of pistol yes I know, but it is an outstanding pistol. Now I’m happy.

Ya'll made me go dry fire mine, i knew it wasn't bad but checked again.

View attachment 33240
The Hellcat triggers are fine. The Hellcat Pros apparently have a different trigger that a few threads here have discussed. All I can say for sure is that my Hellcat Pro's trigger isn't as nice as I remember my sister's Hellcat RDP's trigger when I was down visiting her last year. Next time I get down to see her we'll have to compare.

I called Springfield today. I asked if they had a spring package or something of the sort that would enhance the trigger.
The answer was “no” but he said he did understand what I was talking about regarding the feel of the trigger. He also said they built it that way for safety.
I ruffled a lot of feathers when I first got here by saying this, but the fact that they outright refuse to sell replacement and spare parts is why I will never buy another Springfield product again. Especially when you never truely know if and when they might discontinue a product. It's nice to have a few spare springs, ejectors, firing pins, and RSA's laying around just in case and for peice of minded.

I ruffled a lot of feathers when I first got here by saying this, but the fact that they outright refuse to sell replacement and spare parts is why I will never buy another Springfield product again. Especially when you never truely know if and when they might discontinue a product. It's nice to have a few spare springs, ejectors, firing pins, and RSA's laying around just in case and for peice of minded.
To be fair, they will give you a replacement RSA if you call them and a lot of those springs can be bought from Wolff and other suppliers.

I got the Hellcat as soon as they came out with the 10 round mags. I liked everything about the gun, the looks,the feel, but when I shot it,it just wasn’t right for me. I’m sure it was me and not the pistol.Springfield makes excellent firearms, I have a RO in .45 acp that is outstanding. I already have a Glock 43 which I shoot very well. So I guess I’m sticking with that. I traded the Hellcat for a
CZ 75BD , it’s a completely different type of pistol yes I know, but it is a really nice pistol. Now I’m happy.

Last edited:
Haven't had a striker fired trigger that I've had complaints about or could not shoot well. Some or better than others, but I have found non that are "terrible" or "bad." It's all about learning the trigger. IMHO a lot of these trigger upgrades are being use to compensate for other deficiencies.
Interesting. I haven't had a striker fired trigger that I really liked. Well, I guess My XD was pretty good. Best one I have shot, hands down, but I still prefer the 1911. Nothing can compare for me.

Interesting. I haven't had a striker fired trigger that I really liked. Well, I guess My XD was pretty good. Best one I have shot, hands down, but I still prefer the 1911. Nothing can compare for me.
It's because it's SAO and requires less focus on learning the trigger and trigger control, but there are many who can shoot stock DAO revolvers and even striker-fired pistols just as well out the box.

Striker-fired handguns are so popular and dominant the market because its trigger requires less skill and trigger control vs DAO and SA/DA triggers. The learning curve with SAO and striker-fired triggers are lower and they're more forgiving.

My Apex is installed and the gun is perfect. Shooting spot on with the optic. My GS who changed my trigger said it was probably a glitch with the trigger but liked the set up so well he bought a Pro and will install an Apex trigger.

Was referencing nothing mechanical but the fact that this wasn't typical SA quality. Finally got a lemon (trigger only). The trigger action was very long both to the wall and breakpoint. Just a case of bad luck but feel fortunate that this has been my only issue with my purchases.

Was referencing nothing mechanical but the fact that this wasn't typical SA quality. Finally got a lemon (trigger only). The trigger action was very long both to the wall and breakpoint. Just a case of bad luck but feel fortunate that this has been my only issue with my purchases.
I don’t think it was bad luck. I think they are all like that!
I’m going to attempt the apex install.

Back