testtest

Hellcat Pro HELP!!!

So I installed a Tyrant trigger on my hellcat pro. When I put everything back together I think i overlooked the "Magazine Blocking Lever" It wasn't seated in the right position. All the pins were put back and went to put the slide back on.

Now I can't dry fire or even take the slide off anymore.

Need help! How Can I remove the slide a different way than the normal. so I can reposition the blocking lever

Last edited:
So I installed a Tyrant trigger on my hellcat pro. When I put everything back together I think i overlooked the "Magazine Blocking Lever" It wasn't seated in the right position. All the pins were put back and went to put the slide back on.

Now I can't dry fire or even take the slide off anymore.

Need help! How Can I remove the slide a different way than the normal. so I can reposition the blocking lever
Man I wanted to help you out but I can't duplicate this yet... are you saying that with the magazine block lever installed incorrectly, the slide went back on correctly? Also you say you cannot take the slide off or fire, but does that mean you can, or cannot rack the slide? If you can rack the slide, can you take a clear picture of the blocking lever? Wanted to recreate this for my own knowledge and perhaps to help someone in the future as well.

Man I wanted to help you out but I can't duplicate this yet... are you saying that with the magazine block lever installed incorrectly, the slide went back on correctly? Also you say you cannot take the slide off or fire, but does that mean you can, or cannot rack the slide? If you can rack the slide, can you take a clear picture of the blocking lever? Wanted to recreate this for my own knowledge and perhaps to help someone in the future as well.
I was able to put the bigger pin back in correctly and put the slide back on. It racks perfectly fine.

I CAN'T slide a magazine all the way through. When I rack it back I can see that the magazine hits the blocking lever not allowing it to fully keep going. In the 2nd image. that U shaped piece is "I Think" supposed to be hooked in on the bottom instead of sitting on the outside of the block. I might be wrong with my terms.

Attachments

• 20240320_071233.jpg
    20240320_071233.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240320_071337.jpg
    20240320_071337.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240320_071402.jpg
    20240320_071402.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
I was able to put the bigger pin back in correctly and put the slide back on. It racks perfectly fine.

I CAN'T slide a magazine all the way through. When I rack it back I can see that the magazine hits the blocking lever not allowing it to fully keep going. In the 2nd image. that U shaped piece is "I Think" supposed to be hooked in on the bottom instead of sitting on the outside of the block. I might be wrong with my terms.
deff looks different, pushed out... bent?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    837.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 28
This is the reason I don’t change anything on my guns, something weird always happens, sorry for your issue

@xdman may be able to offer some advice on your issue. There's always the option to send it back to Springfield Armory for repairs.

Springfield Armory Customer Service
1-800-680-6866
the question is, will SA work on a gun that has different parts in it than what it was built with?

many times, it says on the directions to "have a competent gunsmith do the work". (SA may require proof of that)

if they do, i'd have to wonder if they will install factory SA parts, then charge him, since technically....it's not a warranty issue?

he of course will/should have to call them.

the question is, will SA work on a gun that has different parts in it than what it was built with?

many times, it says on the directions to "have a competent gunsmith do the work". (SA may require proof of that)

if they do, i'd have to wonder if they will install factory SA parts, then charge him, since technically....it's not a warranty issue?

he of course will/should have to call them.
Usually when you or have someone work and change parts on a firearm, you void the warranty, this is with any manufacturer, but they will change or repair it, but more then likely charge you for the work

Usually when you or have someone work and change parts on a firearm, you void the warranty, this is with any manufacturer, but they will change or repair it, but more then likely charge you for the work
this is exactly what i thought, so to call SA he will get that response as well, i just didn't want to come out and say it.

he's already feeling badly about the whole thing

and most likely, they will put back factory parts, charging one for the parts they already have at the house.

next step, take it to a local smith.

I did call SA and they told me to send pics and what not but I get a little impatient and wanted it done quickly.

I went to a local gunsmith where I explained the problem and he said the issue was that magazine blocking lever was just sitting on the outside of the block. Don't know if that makes sense. He was able to remove the slide by taking off the back plate and doing something else which I can't explain. Magic?

Anyways its all fixed now. Only had to pay a whopping $25.

Oh and fyi SA asked where I'm from and told him its a California model. so its a little different than the norm.

Thank you guys for your help!

Back