testtest

Hellcat pro slide malfunction?

Hi all, new to this forum. Purchased a hellcat pro yesterday and really love the gun. Believe I have an issue though. When the slide is in the locked back position , and you insert a loaded mag into the gun, the slide will release and load a round by itself. I use, what I consider deliberate force inserting the mag, I don’t hit it as hard as I can and I don’t gently use 2 fingers or anything. Just normal mag switch. A deliberate forceful tap, if you will. It does it, with both included mags, and with fmj and self defense rounds. It stays open with an empty mag tho (as it should). Anyone else encountering this?

This isn’t an uncommon thing…sometimes the force is just enough to bump the slide release.

Some consider it a feature, not a bug, to speed an emergency reload.
Ok, well to be honest … I like it, as I’m left handed…. But… thought I’d bring up the issue regardless. As long as it stays open after last shot in the mag and it doesn’t affect anything else and is reliable, all good I suppose!

Ok, well to be honest … I like it, as I’m left handed…. But… thought I’d bring up the issue regardless. As long as it stays open after last shot in the mag and it doesn’t affect anything else and is reliable, all good I suppose!
Yeah it doesn’t sound like much of an issue just keep your hand and fingers out of the way when the slides slams into battery or the bite will hurt.

Is it generally a mag fitment issue? Follower spring tension or something ?
I seem to recall it’s more of the slide release not having the best “bite”, if you will, when it locks the slide back (although the follower/spring tension of the empty mag could certainly play a role there).

Try pushing the slide release up for a more positive lock before inserting the mag and see if it still happens.

I seem to recall it’s more of the slide release not having the best “bite”, if you will, when it locks the slide back (although the follower/spring tension of the empty mag could certainly play a role there).

Try pushing the slide release up for a more positive lock before inserting the mag and see if it still happens.
That’s how I handled my G17, seemed to work good

Back