testtest

Hellcat Pro Trigger (not giving up)

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
Purchased a Pro about 2/3 weeks ago and loved everything about the gun. Mounted a Holosun 507K on and was eager to hit the range. I then fired my first 6 rounds,I must say the trigger was horrible. Take up was forever long and hit a wall that was near impossible to squeeze to shoot followed with a long reset. This is nothing like my Hellcat trigger. Ended up shooting 50 out of 60 rounds low left. I feel I probably got an anomaly because this issue never showed in reviews or posts. I am curious if anyone has experienced this. The Pro is currently having an Apex trigger installed. I feel that with a new trigger this will be a perfect carry gun. Grip, point, size, and capacity are excellent.

I’ve had mine for probably a month. I’m shooting low left too but I’m certain it’s a technique issue for me. Trigger definitely feels better than my previous Glock. Not ready to entertain an Apex trigger yet. Going to sling 200 rounds tomorrow, my grouping is getting better but I’m still a novice, haven’t shot a handgun since the late 80s.

I believe I read somewhere that the pro's did have trigger issues but can't remember where. I would give Springfield a call and see what they say.

I own a Pro for months now. Have maybe 300 rounds thru it. No issue with the trigger however the "ball in the bucket sites" had to go (See earlier post) IMO my shield plus is far superior. It is now my EDC

I felt the same way with my pro trigger, when trying to shoot slow and accurate, I just couldn't brake the trigger without shaking. I had the Apex trigger installed yesterday but haven't been to the range yet, however just dry firing it feels quite a bit better. How did you turn out with the Apex?

Same here in the beginning I would shoot my hellcat Pro and my 365 XL and the XL was just way more accurate after a few range trips and shooting off the reset on the trigger the accuracy has gotten a lot better with the hellcat Pro. I think one of my issues was just a slimmer gun in my bigger hands I had to adjust my grip but the 365 definitely seems to be a crisper better trigger but after shooting it for a while it's gotten a lot more accurate and I'm happy with it.

Purchased a Pro about 2/3 weeks ago and loved everything about the gun. Mounted a Holosun 507K on and was eager to hit the range. I then fired my first 6 rounds,I must say the trigger was horrible. Take up was forever long and hit a wall that was near impossible to squeeze to shoot followed with a long reset. This is nothing like my Hellcat trigger. Ended up shooting 50 out of 60 rounds low left. I feel I probably got an anomaly because this issue never showed in reviews or posts. I am curious if anyone has experienced this. The Pro is currently having an Apex trigger installed. I feel that with a new trigger this will be a perfect carry gun. Grip, point, size, and capacity are excellent.
I've noticed my trigger doesn't reset at all when dry firing; I haven't had a chance to go to a range and live fire yet. The trigger should reset either way. So, I'll be calling SA about it and probably be sending my hellcat pro in to be looked at. Pretty bummed.

I've noticed my trigger doesn't reset at all when dry firing; I haven't had a chance to go to a range and live fire yet. The trigger should reset either way. So, I'll be calling SA about it and probably be sending my hellcat pro in to be looked at. Pretty bummed.
It’s not supposed to, unless you cycle the slide.

The Hellcat needs the slide’s reciprocation to reset the trigger.

This is how most striker-fired pistols work, btw.

Shoot it at the range before you send it in. As Hans says, the trigger doesn't reset unless the slide is racked. Either by hand if dry firing or as a result of shooting live ammunition.

I don't have any issues with the trigger. It's definitely not a 1911 trigger but for a striker fired, it's decent. In fact, I think Springfield has the best triggers in the striker fired game.

And the sights, I love them. Honestly my favorite style of sights. I'd love to put them on my Kimber 1911

I don't have any issues with the trigger. It's definitely not a 1911 trigger but for a striker fired, it's decent. In fact, I think Springfield has the best triggers in the striker fired game.

And the sights, I love them. Honestly my favorite style of sights. I'd love to put them on my Kimber 1911
What ? Really ? I think you need to shoot a few more strikers. Try a Walther or an HK.

I would never change the trigger on a carry gun. I'd have enough to worry about showing why I needed to use deadly force without having to explain why I needed a special trigger in court. If you don't like the trigger, dump the gun and buy something else.

I would never change the trigger on a carry gun. I'd have enough to worry about showing why I needed to use deadly force without having to explain why I needed a special trigger in court. If you don't like the trigger, dump the gun and buy something else.
Okay, so I'll ask you as well then ( I have already asked every single person who has made this claim, including Massad Ayoob). Show me one single example of this actually happening. Just one.

Last edited:
I really wish the search function was more easily accessible here. We have had this conversation here over and over. Alvarez was a cop, not a civilian. There is a very large difference in the standard you are held to when killing someone if you are a cop as opposed to a civilian being threatened with your life.

I'll save you some time brother. There is no example. Massad himself couldn't provide one so I don't think you are going to be able to provide one.

Back