testtest

Hellcat Pro Trigger Pull After Apex Mod

Whatcha think! I hit the wall, there's a quarter inch travel (guessing) before fire. By the way, love the gun, just not a 1911 trigger wise, lol!

Last edited:
Damn we must have some diehard company folks here with no replies! Again, gun is sweet, just don’t see how to make it a target gun WHICH isn’t its purpose.

It does have a pretty long trigger pull, but after you hit that stop it sounds crisp. i put an apex trigger group in a S&W sv40. it helped a tiny bit, not much and it's trigger was 10 times worse than the hellcat.

It does have a pretty long trigger pull, but after you hit that stop it sounds crisp. i put an apex trigger group in a S&W sv40. it helped a tiny bit, not much and it's trigger was 10 times worse than the hellcat.
My video shows a long pull AFTER the wall, imo! Tough to see with my video without enlargement! Thanks for looking though!

Yeah, that's not a good trigger. Even for a striker IMO. Is it good enough for a carry gun ? Probably. Every single one of my carry guns have better triggers than that though. Even the stock trigger on my 5 year old Shield .40 is better than that. I bet a good smith could fix it though. A drop in kit isn't necessarily the answer to every "Less than optimal" trigger. And frankly I have never been impressed with Apex.

Still like the gun, here's slo mo of same vid above, I hit the wall at 12 seconds and there's another 1/4" movement before strike!

Yeah, that's not a good trigger. Even for a striker IMO. Is it good enough for a carry gun ? Probably. Every single one of my carry guns have better triggers than that though. Even the stock trigger on my 5 year old Shield .40 is better than that. I bet a good smith could fix it though. A drop in kit isn't necessarily the answer to every "Less than optimal" trigger. And frankly I have never been impressed with Apex.
I agree, thanks for reply!

Gunsmithing has started, believe these are last 2 areas in trigger pull to monkey around with!

Attachments

• E224B67A-FACE-42B3-BA40-B78C2C3E9C74.jpeg
    E224B67A-FACE-42B3-BA40-B78C2C3E9C74.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 44DDD216-E766-46FF-8DB1-B92AE5DCDCC5.jpeg
    44DDD216-E766-46FF-8DB1-B92AE5DCDCC5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Understand not all Pro's have bad triggers. A man who works at my LGS has one and his trigger is perfectly fine. Mine was horrible. I decided on changing triggers and decided on the Apex. Went to my smith (who is very pro SA, both production and custom) who said it was the worst SA trigger he had felt. I am very pleased with the Apex but I don't view the Pro a target gun but a defense gun.

I have a pretty new Hellcat Pro that I was not overly impressed with the trigger while shooting stationary at a target. But ... I went out for my first fun and educational Tactical shoot where I had a simulated hallway and 3 rooms, 2 with doors to enter, a total of 29 different targets per round to hit and hostages to miss I really didn't even notice the trigger pull in the moment. It is my main edc and self defense gun, the trigger is fine for its purpose.

Side note on the Tactical shoot - it was a great time starting out slow, learning to bring my red dot up on target while moving, mag changes, getting tips from the RSO, and slowly learning where I can move better and faster. I gotta tell you though, in my first round while learning to find the red dot after moving I did "wing" 1 hostage, 🙄 I'm sure he or she would have been OK though. The point though, I never even thought about the trigger pull during the entire day.

I have a pretty new Hellcat Pro that I was not overly impressed with the trigger while shooting stationary at a target. But ... I went out for my first fun and educational Tactical shoot where I had a simulated hallway and 3 rooms, 2 with doors to enter, a total of 29 different targets per round to hit and hostages to miss I really didn't even notice the trigger pull in the moment. It is my main edc and self defense gun, the trigger is fine for its purpose.

Side note on the Tactical shoot - it was a great time starting out slow, learning to bring my red dot up on target while moving, mag changes, getting tips from the RSO, and slowly learning where I can move better and faster. I gotta tell you though, in my first round while learning to find the red dot after moving I did "wing" 1 hostage, 🙄 I'm sure he or she would have been OK though. The point though, I never even thought about the trigger pull during the entire day.
Fully understand this. I am confident had I been in a defensive situation I wouldn't notice the trigger pull either. Standing 10yds in front of a stationary target it was noticeable (esp. my accuracy) and very noticeable in my dry firing.

44 degrees, down to short sleeves, might be overdressed, lol!

Attachments

• A683F6D1-D3D1-443D-B0FE-DB10AFF48440.png
    A683F6D1-D3D1-443D-B0FE-DB10AFF48440.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
Back