testtest

Hellcat Pro trigger slap

Small update: I finally got around to the range and they had a Hellcat Pro for rent. So I took theirs and put 50 rounds through it. I think theirs hits harder than mine, but at least I know it isn't just my particular pistol.

I've also asked around a couple other forums, apparently it isn't just me that's felt this. Folks have reported that a new aftermarket trigger resolves it. So that's good news. Sort of. I'm still on the fence whether I want to replace the trigger, or trade it off for something else.
I have a couple of the Pros I have been using as experiments, (FrankenCat) while I have not experienced your exact issue as described, I do recommend an Apex kit. There are many aftermarket shops, Apex just happens to be the one I have tried for FrankenCat at this time.

I have been carrying a Hellcat for several years and love it. Before Christmas I saw an add for Atwoods, a Hellcat Pro, w/ Laser sight, 5 extra mags, a range bag, and a gun case for a very low price. It is, like the Hellcat, a great weapon to shoot and I would love to concealed carry it, but no holster manufacturer makes an OWB concealed holster for the Pro w/laser. I have contacted several of them and nothing is available.

I have been carrying a Hellcat for several years and love it. Before Christmas I saw an add for Atwoods, a Hellcat Pro, w/ Laser sight, 5 extra mags, a range bag, and a gun case for a very low price. It is, like the Hellcat, a great weapon to shoot and I would love to concealed carry it, but no holster manufacturer makes an OWB concealed holster for the Pro w/laser. I have contacted several of them and nothing is available.
Question, do you mean just laser alone or w/light? Invader makes an OWB for dang near everything and you can add all the lights and or Optics... not a commercial for them but I do have several of their conceal OWBs. https://invaderconcepts.com/products/the-standard-owb-weapon-light

Question, do you mean just laser alone or w/light? Invader makes an OWB for dang near everything and you can add all the lights and or Optics... not a commercial for them but I do have several of their conceal OWBs. https://invaderconcepts.com/products/the-standard-owb-weapon-light
It has the laser only that is mounted on the front of the trigger guard, I have looked at several that are for the top mounted optics but none for the trigger guard mounted laser. I will check out their site. Thank You

You can also try Falco Holsters. They're based out of Chechoslovakia if I remember right, but they make holsters for a lot of pistol/light/laser/red dot combinations that I have a hard time finding elsewhere. They've become my go-to, particularly if one likes leather. They do kydex as well, so either way maybe you'll find something you like there.

I have a couple of the Pros I have been using as experiments, (FrankenCat) while I have not experienced your exact issue as described, I do recommend an Apex kit. There are many aftermarket shops, Apex just happens to be the one I have tried for FrankenCat at this time.

Yea, seems like most* owners don't have the same issue that I do with it. I have no idea what's going on different, it's baffling to say the least. But I'm also hesitant to try swapping triggers for the simple fact that if it doesn't alleviate the feed back problem and it is something in relation to the way the striker and sear interact as I suspect, then I've spent around $100 to $200 depending on the system chosen for effectively no change and taking a larger loss when I go to unload the pistol.

You can also try Falco Holsters. They're based out of Chechoslovakia if I remember right, but they make holsters for a lot of pistol/light/laser/red dot combinations that I have a hard time finding elsewhere. They've become my go-to, particularly if one likes leather. They do kydex as well, so either way maybe you'll find something you like there.

Yea, seems like most* owners don't have the same issue that I do with it. I have no idea what's going on different, it's baffling to say the least. But I'm also hesitant to try swapping triggers for the simple fact that if it doesn't alleviate the feed back problem and it is something in relation to the way the striker and sear interact as I suspect, then I've spent around $100 to $200 depending on the system chosen for effectively no change and taking a larger loss when I go to unload the pistol.
Totally understandable... I do love my Hellcats, But, you could switch it out for the Sig 365X Macro, which is similar in size (a hair larger) but shoots like Rolls Royce compared to the chippya$$ Hellcats.

Have not had that with my H. Pro but did have a disaster today with a magazine exploding. Was sitting in the tax prep office and being in a wheelchair not much room to carry. Had gun and mag holder on a Crossbreed Lincoln belt under C.C. leggings and suddenly felt a sharp pain in left breast, looked and mag spring and plastic parts hanging from bodysuit. Luck I carried the mag upside down so no loss of ammo. shocked at how long the spring was. Has this happened to anyone? 15 round H. Pro mag.

I had that happen with a smith Shield in 45. I couldn't fire 30 more than 30rounds before my trigger finger was so sore I had to quit. An APEX trigger cured it.

Has anyone seen or used the Fobus Holsters-Israel_ GLT ? It has a spindle for barrel and unsnaps sideways. Many years ago there were many A.D's from the strap being too short but it's been corrected. Not made for H. Pro-of course- but sitting, it seems easier to pull sideways than pull up to unholster. Any thoughts?

Has anyone seen or used the Fobus Holsters-Israel_ GLT ? It has a spindle for barrel and unsnaps sideways. Many years ago there were many A.D's from the strap being too short but it's been corrected. Not made for H. Pro-of course- but sitting, it seems easier to pull sideways than pull up to unholster. Any thoughts?
never heard of them.

i have been very satisfied with the Alien Gear holsters that i have. better (to me) than the "We the People" holsters i don't use anymore

Back