testtest

Hellcat rated +P?

I would think so with +P loads. This may info help you?

I read my Hellcat manual and I didn't see a mention of +P loads.
So... I assume that means that this is rated only for normal P loads?
As side notes to keep in mind: You may void your factory warranty if using re-manufactured or reloaded ammunition.

Per Owners Manual:
"WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or condition determined by Spring-field to be caused by: unauthorized repairs, disassembly, adjustments or modifications, carelessness, negligence, misuse, or unsafe handling, normal wear and tear, failure to properly or reasonably store, use, or maintain the product, hand-loaded, reloaded, re-manufactured, or defective ammunition."

Also, keep in mind if using higher rated ammunition than what's specified by manufacturer may put more stress on fire arm. But, going by above info posted earlier am not thinking that's a huge concern.

A good helpful article that may help you to understand some differences:

Other thing to consider if still unsure? Call Springfield Armory Customer Service. Great people to deal and work with!

keep in mind if using higher rated ammunition than what's specified by manufacturer may put more stress on firearm.
Yep, that's what I was looking for. For example in the Ruger MAX-9 manual it is stated that +P will reduce the life of the gun and bold "do not use +P+".
I didn't see anything like that in Hellcat's manual, so I was curious.

From Springfield Armory website:

Along with its small size and advanced features the Hellcat delivers rugged durability. The +P rated pistol features a hammer forged steel barrel and billet machined slide, both featuring Melonite™ coating.

As mentioned, it’s +P rated, but…out of a super-short barrel like a Hellcat, it’s a case of diminishing returns. +P gets the most benefits from longer barrels.

I’d run a 147gr or even the 150gr Micro HST load if I was carrying a micro 9.

You sure it just wasn’t those fat stubby fingers of yours……😬😬
I see you are coming along nicely!
giphy.gif

Back