testtest

Hellcat RDP barrel change out.

I can’t find any info about this. But I have the Hellcat RDP. I would like to have a shorter, non threaded barrel for it. I believe all of the Hellcat barrels are the same length, with the exception of the RDP. True precision now makes barrels for the Hellcat. Would it mess up my gun, or cause it not to function properly if I switch out the 3.8 inch barrel with one of the 3.0 inch barrels?

I can’t find any info about this. But I have the Hellcat RDP. I would like to have a shorter, non threaded barrel for it. I believe all of the Hellcat barrels are the same length, with the exception of the RDP. True precision now makes barrels for the Hellcat. Would it mess up my gun, or cause it not to function properly if I switch out the 3.8 inch barrel with one of the 3.0 inch barrels?
I'm not a Springfield Armory armorer nor am I a gunsmith but in my experience these barrels should be a direct swap. Though I would advise you speak to a professional gunsmith about what you're trying to do to alleviate any safety concerns or potential fitment issues.

Another option would be to call the aftermarket barrel maker and speak to their tech department about proper fit.

I'm not a Springfield Armory armorer nor am I a gunsmith but in my experience these barrels should be a direct swap. Though I would advise you speak to a professional gunsmith about what you're trying to do to alleviate any safety concerns or potential fitment issues.

Another option would be to call the aftermarket barrel maker and speak to their tech department about proper fit.
I’m working on opening a gun shop. And becoming a gun smith and armorer. But not there yet. I have seen no reason as to why this wouldnt work. Just wanting other’s opinions as well.

I did the opposite...bought a True Precision threaded barrel for my standard OSP, and a Griffin Comp. I still have the non-threaded factory barrel, and can put it on when in areas where threaded barrels aren't acceptable, or if I want a more compact carry. The True Precision fit perfectly, improved the smoothness of loading rounds significantly.

Nope, not in the least.

The RDP is simply an OSP (w manual safety) slide and frame with threaded barrel, comp, and red dot included. There are no differences except for those listed. You're good to go.
My RDP does not have a manual safety, so only difference is the barrel and the comp.

Back