testtest

Hellcat, Shield Smsc Red Dot.

I've had a SIG Romeo 0 micro red dot with the Hellcat footprint on back order since January and am getting impatient. I can't believe the other optic makers haven't noticed the trend towards putting micro red dots on pistols and out wowing each others optics while raking in the cash. Four months I'm waiting and SIG cannot build the Romeo 0 fast enough to ever have it not be on back order. Anywhere. What am I missing?

I have the 4moa smsc on my HC but can only shoot out to 25y because of a medical condition. With that in mind I’d rather have the bigger dot especially because the 4moa gets lost occasionally outside during the day.

I have the 4moa smsc on my HC but can only shoot out to 25y because of a medical condition. With that in mind I’d rather have the bigger dot especially because the 4moa gets lost occasionally outside during the day.
You should consider a shot gun🤣😆

I think 4 is the standard that everyone has gotten. I haven’t looked thru one that’s 8. I’m going to assume both work just fine.... I think the 8 will probably cover up more of your target then the 4... but for person defense, I’m quite certain either will work.

3 moa is plenty you are shooting a pistol with limited range for defense. 3 MOA at 200 yards 200*3=600/100=6 so 3 MOA is equal to 6″ at 200 yards, 4 MOA at 300 yards 300*4=1200/100= 12″ so 4 MOA is equal to 12″ at 300 yards. The math works with and distance and any MOA measurement. It even works for distances under 100 yards. So let’s say 1 MOA at 25 yards. Take 25*1=25/100 equals 1/4″. It’s really that simple. Understanding this comes in handy for long-range rifle shooting.
Converting inches to MOA is just as simple as converting MOA to inches. It’s just in reverse. So as an example:
2″ at 100 yards is equal to 2 MOA. It works like this (2″/100)*100=2, 4″ at 400 yards is equal to 1 MOA (4″/400)*100=1
6″ at 250 yards is equal to 2.4 MOA (6/250)*100=2.4

Please post a pic of that when you get done, sir
Here is a pic of my Springfield XDM OSP with the SightMark mini shot pro the Vortex Venom 3 MOA Red Dot I ordered for my Hell Cat OSP is on backorder so I might purchase the red dot from Springfield Armory Direct . its 99 dollars more and I won't have to wait for it.
thumbnail_20200509_194535.jpg

Here is a pic of my Springfield XDM OSP with the SightMark mini shot pro the Vortex Venom 3 MOA Red Dot I ordered for my Hell Cat OSP is on backorder so I might purchase the red dot from Springfield Armory Direct . its 99 dollars more and I won't have to wait for it.
View attachment 6216

Anyone hear of any mini reflex red dot sights coming from Optic Factory in Oregon for the Hellcat OSP ??

I recently ordered the RMSc directly from shield - I paid in Euros- order placed April 22 and I received it this past Sunday may 16

Ajones2 when your ordered your RMSc from shield, do/did you have to order any kind of mount for the HELLCAT !
or does the RMSC mount right of the Box ??

Right out the box. No plate needed. Co witnesses perfect. Didn’t even adjust the dot. Dead center

I just checked Brownell’s because they had a shipment of RMSC’s but they’re out of stock again now. So I have the SMSC from Springfield and I like it but I also ordered the RMSC for my other hellcat. I ordered from Shield’s website. It took about 2 -3 weeks for a shipping label to be created but it’s finally coming ! Will probably be about 6 weeks from the date of purchase.
But it’s only 300 Euros :)
( about 380)
Hi Andrew, I ordered the SMSc by accident because I got excited when the Shield was in stock and didn't even realize I did not order the RMSc. Since you have both, should I return my SMSc? I want something durable!

Back