testtest

Hellcat sights off

Mc45

Alpha
Is anyone having trouble with the sights on their hellcat being off, and if so how to adjust without a sight pusher? I put my red dot on first, before shooting the iron sights, and thought it was just me having problems seeing the front sight and shooting 3-4 inches to the left. But, after the battery prematurely died, I took off the red dot and the iron sights are still hitting to the left. And no, its not me. I shoot my wifes hellcat perfectly straight and her laser sight is right on top of the front sight. I also have a laser and it is not on top of the front sight but quite a bit to the right of the front sight. It looks like I would have to move my rear sight a good bit to the right and was thinking of try to move the front sight some so it’s not all on the rear adjustment. I did send it back to Springfield for the red dot battery dying to soon and asked them to adjust the sights but instead of adjusting them, they reinstalled the red dot and sighted it in. It is also off to the right of the front iron sight. All they did was sight in the red dot And ignored the iron sights being off. If I had to take a precise shot without the red dot I would miss 3-4 inches to the left. I can see that by putting the red dot on a target and having the iron sights off to the left. This is not good for a concealed carry gun that my life or others may depend on. I hate to take a hammer and punch to it but cannot have a gun that is off by this much. Any help would be appreciated. Love the gun for size and capacity and how it shoots, it just needs adjusted.

If it's that concerning to you take it to a gunsmith and pay for him to sight it in. I do not believe sights being off a warranty claim. Also having a red dot on a gun I would invest in some extra batteries.

Well yes it’s concerning when the sights are off on one gun and not the other. They are supposed to be factory sighted in and include a target but obviously they didn’t do that very well. I sent it in specifically for the sights being off with description and pictures and they didn’t address it. I really don’t think i should be the one responsible to pay a gunsmith to fix what they didn’t. All they had to do was line up the sights with the red dot. Right now I have a red dot that isn even close to the top of the front sight. I don’t even want the red dot and was planning on just using open sights, now I have to take it back off. And yes I do have batteries but this is a known problem with the wasp optics not lasting as they were advertised.

Thanks. I will try the punch but didn’t want to damage a new gun. I wasn’t sure if the sights being off was a warranty issue either but after I sent them the information with pictures they said to send it in for repairs. I kinda expected it to be repaired. You can even see where it isn’t aligned by the little lines on each side of the front and rear sight. I just can’t believe they sighted in the red dot which shows how far off the sights really are.

Is both sights centered on the gun? they didn't move your sight mainly cause they didn't know which way and how much. that can only be done by a person shooting it to see where it hits. Probably 50% of handguns i ever bought i have had to move the sights a bit.

If you are concerned about messing the finish up take it to a gunsmith or just don't use a steel punch. Some of SA's guns do come with a target and they are not always centered. everyones eyesight is different.

Ok i just seen you sent them a pic, it's no big deal, get a brass or aluminum punch and knock it over. Need to do it with the red dot off the gun. then shoot the gun and get the irons zeroed in and then put the dot back on. sighting one in right is part of the fun to me.

Thanks for your reply. I only have a steel punch and that was what I was worried about. I will get a brass or aluminum one and try it. The front sight is over top of the little hash mark on the right side and more exposed on the left. I think if I move it back to the left and check it it might be close. The rear is favoring the right hash mark already so I didnt want to make all the adjustment on the rear. Sorry, but I’m just frustrated that they didn’t adjust it and sighted in the red dot being that far off.

Update on the hellcat sights being off. I finally got around to taking it to a gun store that could adjust the rear sight. Outlet firearms in grove city pa. Very nice people and did it for no cost! After explaining my problem, he moved the sight to the right so it just barely covered the little hash mark on the right side of the sight. It now shoots right on and when using the laser it is lined up with my front sight as it should be. No idea why Springfield couldn’t do this and they never answered my phone call messages or emails after I got it back from the repairs. I don’t like that for customer service at all. I am probably not going to remount the hex wasp red dot. while ok for self defense, I don’t like that it can’t be turned off or dimmed. Where I shoot it’s too bright to be precise for what I’m shooting at. Thanks to all for your help!

Another update. I finally got around to remounting my hex wasp red dot and shot it again after lining up the dot and putting it right on top of the front sight like it should be. Shot at 16 and 18 yards, in the wind and threatening snow, and managed to keep them all pretty close. Tried three different loads and they all did ok. A49728E8-5002-45F4-8780-18895C701A5E.jpegThis is how it was supposed to be from the factory but unfortunately it wasn’t. This is the happiest I’ve been with this gun since buying it and I am now going to keep it and put it back in the carry rotation. It’s just too bad all I had to do to get it corrected.

Back