testtest

Hellcat Trigger?

I don't claim to be any kind of expert on triggers on any firearm, and especially handguns. But I really can't find too much to complain about with my Hellcat. I own a Thompson Center Contender with a trigger about as good as they come (and it's had a tiny bit of work done to it) so I'm reasonably aware of a good trigger vs a bad trigger. And from the start, I've never really been disappointed by the stock trigger in my Hellcat. I guess some could be different than others ........ I just don't know.

To the OP ..... I know there are several aftermarket triggers out there and available, but I'd think twice. What seems to be the actual issue with yours?

Personally I don’t like modifying a trigger on a defensive gun, I leave it factory, but this is just me
Ditto, but in all honesty, I have no problem with the Hellcat trigger pull.
I don't claim to be any kind of expert on triggers on any firearm, and especially handguns. But I really can't find too much to complain about with my Hellcat. I own a Thompson Center Contender with a trigger about as good as they come (and it's had a tiny bit of work done to it) so I'm reasonably aware of a good trigger vs a bad trigger. And from the start, I've never really been disappointed by the stock trigger in my Hellcat. I guess some could be different than others ........ I just don't know.

To the OP ..... I know there are several aftermarket triggers out there and available, but I'd think twice. What seems to be the actual issue with yours?
i was going to respond yesterday when i saw this, (i would have been the first to do so) but decided not too, as way too many times, i have been debated on this issue by others regarding modifying self defense guns.

glad to see a few here agree basically with what i have said time and time again about self defense guns and modifications. (many may have agreed with my stance in the past as well)

so to reiterate, what the others have said, i have had my Hellcat for several months, take it to the range once per month, or maybe once every 2 months, shoot like about 100 rds, thru it, clean, lube it, and holster it.

i have yet to see or feel any trigger issues.

I’m all for finding a trigger you like, once you’ve become comfortable with the gun itself. I strongly disagree with putting very light competition triggers on self defense guns. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. But, if you’re simply replacing the trigger for smoothness, slack, and/or break, go for it! No different than changing the grip pads or installing a comp on the barrel like the Hellcat RDP.

I’m all for finding a trigger you like, once you’ve become comfortable with the gun itself. I strongly disagree with putting very light competition triggers on self defense guns. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. But, if you’re simply replacing the trigger for smoothness, slack, and/or break, go for it! No different than changing the grip pads or installing a comp on the barrel like the Hellcat RDP.
This is where I will disagree, changing the backstrap on your CCW gun is no way similar to having your trigger worked on or changed, there is no comparison what so ever.

This is where I will disagree, changing the backstrap on your CCW gun is no way similar to having your trigger worked on or changed, there is no comparison what so ever.
Changing the backstrap can improve hand placement, trigger control, and barrel control. Trigger work improves feel, accuracy, and speed. They’re degrees of the same concept; improving functionality.

Changing the backstrap can improve hand placement, trigger control, and barrel control. Trigger work improves feel, accuracy, and speed. They’re degrees of the same concept; improving functionality.
I still will disagree with doing anything to a CCW trigger, changing backstrap yea, but you can’t compare this to any trigger modifications, when I worked around law enforcement for over 20 years, and I personally knew our prosecutor, I know what there thinking was on this touchy subject, but that’s me, no harm no foul, this kind of discussion is what makes a forum.

i have xdm, emp, p938, p365, g17 and like the trigger pull but not so much on hellcat.

what upgrade should did anyone replace with, mcarbo, apex, hyve, prp?

pros and cons, pics will be appreciate

@sleong75,
I don't have a Hellcat (yet), but here is a link to a review you may be interested in.

i have xdm, emp, p938, p365, g17 and like the trigger pull but not so much on hellcat.

what upgrade should did anyone replace with, mcarbo, apex, hyve, prp?

pros and cons, pics will be appreciate
Apex! I did it; I love it. Not lighter, just smoother and more comfortable.

I still will disagree with doing anything to a CCW trigger, changing backstrap yea, but you can’t compare this to any trigger modifications, when I worked around law enforcement for over 20 years, and I personally knew our prosecutor, I know what there thinking was on this touchy subject, but that’s me, no harm no foul, this kind of discussion is what makes a forum.
I hear ya. I've been lucky to only live in cities/States that support and protect the 2nd Amendment.

I hear ya. I've been lucky to only live in cities/States that support and protect the 2nd Amendment.
Yea, where I live it’s 2nd amendment friendly, my state is also, just certain entities may not be if you catch my drift……
sadly, not everyone is this fortunate. we live where we live, and are tied down by things that we cannot control, to just up and move.

Back