testtest

Hellcat Triggers

If a guy is on top of you trying to pull your pistol out of your hand are you 100% confident that your muscle memory will still be there as the gun is being jerked around? Trust in its reliability to function at all times is my biggest concern. I understand that practice makes perfect, but some things may not be fixed by practice.. It only needs to fail once.
It’s kinda ridiculous to assume muscle memory will overcome any situation. And as a guy who has both trained extensively “ under stress” and actually been shot at and been under actual stress and fear for my life, I can assure you that nothing you do in training on a range is going to come anywhere even remotely close to being on the streets with someone shooting at you.

If a guy is on top of you trying to pull your pistol out of your hand are you 100% confident that your muscle memory will still be there as the gun is being jerked around? Trust in its reliability to function at all times is my biggest concern. I understand that practice makes perfect, but some things may not be fixed by practice.. It only needs to fail once.
Okie pew pew brought up another can of worms. I’ve not said, but have thought that my grip itself might not be ideal. In talking of grip geometry, is he suggesting that SA should have offered variable size grip inserts with the Hellcat to solve that possible misfit? I didn’t voice my thoughts on that matter since inserts are not a part of the deal

Okie pew pew brought up another can of worms. I’ve not said, but have thought that my grip itself might not be ideal. In talking of grip geometry, is he suggesting that SA should have offered variable size grip inserts with the Hellcat to solve that possible misfit? I didn’t voice my thoughts on that matter since inserts are not a part of the deal

Not suggesting that at all. Tons of firearms out there with no grip panels. For me, the geometry works better because I have long hands. I was simply bringing up that in all the discussions on the trigger safety, a Huge contributing factor to trigger finger placement is the grip geometry. If someone nitpicks one detail without discussing every aspect of what leads a finger to land somewhere on a trigger, the discussion is pointless.

On the idea of it being a SD gun and must work 100% of the time in a struggle (HA! Did I say HA?! Yes I did): How many Glock bois have beaten the drum of “grip safety’s kill people” despite 2 World Wars or even “manual safety’s kill people”. No large group is ever going to agree on this stuff.

And as I have said ad nauseam, no gun is ever going to fit every shooter. I like the Hellcat my fiancé likes the 365. That doesn’t make her a communist.

I’m leaving this thread open in hopes we can move beyond the constant repetition being printed. My hopes are not high.

Not suggesting that at all. Tons of firearms out there with no grip panels. For me, the geometry works better because I have long hands. I was simply bringing up that in all the discussions on the trigger safety, a Huge contributing factor to trigger finger placement is the grip geometry. If someone nitpicks one detail without discussing every aspect of what leads a finger to land somewhere on a trigger, the discussion is pointless.

On the idea of it being a SD gun and must work 100% of the time in a struggle (HA! Did I say HA?! Yes I did): How many Glock bois have beaten the drum of “grip safety’s kill people” despite 2 World Wars or even “manual safety’s kill people”. No large group is ever going to agree on this stuff.

And as I have said ad nauseam, no gun is ever going to fit every shooter. I like the Hellcat my fiancé likes the 365. That doesn’t make her a communist.

I’m leaving this thread open in hopes we can move beyond the constant repetition being printed. My hopes are not high.
As long as everyone is civil and respectful what difference does it make ? If repetition is cause for closing threads, you got several hours of sifting through the archives because every week something comes up that we've discussed before. I didn't see anything wrong with the other thread either. Everyone was just talking, respectfully.

Good stuff here. As stated before I'm 1911 from the start, carry cocked & locked, never cared for the "split" trigger whether is was Glock or any other make. Like the minimum travel with no (least) reset. Bottom line.......IF I owned a Cathell or any other piece that failed to go BANG when the trigger was pulled (rearward, with any amount of the finger placed anywhere on the trigger) I'd throw it away (or give it to someone I did not like) JOKE, but never would I retrain myself to try to be certain the bastard would go BANG!!

As long as everyone is civil and respectful what difference does it make ? If repetition is cause for closing threads, you got several hours of sifting through the archives because every week something comes up that we've discussed before. I didn't see anything wrong with the other thread either. Everyone was just talking, respectfully.
That’s why I left this thread open. It’s not -just- repetitiveness, it was stated that is was also about people speaking as if they knew the intent behind Springfield’s actions.
“You are responsible for your content”.
As it was multiple members and discussions were branching out from that erroneous info, the whole thread got shut down.

I don't speak for anyone but myself and my Hellcat, but I now have 750 or so rounds through it, slow fire, rapid fire, from the holster and from a ready position, and from a bench with all kinds of ammo -- high end JHP and lower end practice and plinking type than I usually shoot (given the year we're having).

I have had no issues with it. I saw a story about the "lateral pressure issue" online (YouTube) before I bought it and saw it as one of those "don't buy this gun" videos built around intentionally causing a malfunction.

Apologies to anyone who disagrees, but I still think that it is user error. To make it happen, you really have to work at avoiding the blade in the trigger face WHILE pressing sideways on the outside edge of the trigger. For my use as a EDC, I like that it takes an intentional "real" trigger pull to fire. In winter I usually carry a 1911 and under stress in close combat conditions would have to remember to disengage the safety. I've trained to do that. With the Hellcat (and most other handguns) I train to actually pull the trigger...not "almost or try" to pull the trigger, but to do it correctly.

In my opinion this is an issue that has been greatly exaggerated by some. I love Apex and have their triggers in several non-carry pistols that I use for competition or range plinking and fun target games. For EDC, I stick with stock triggers. Love my Hellcat!

Sorry to hear of trigger issues with the Hellcat. I have not experienced any issues with the trigger on my Hellcat. Personally, I'm not going to do anything to any of my carry guns, except add green laser. I don't want to give any overly zealous prosecutor, who thinks civilians shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun any reason to say to the jury that I modified the gun to make it more deadly.

Sorry to hear of trigger issues with the Hellcat. I have not experienced any issues with the trigger on my Hellcat. Personally, I'm not going to do anything to any of my carry guns, except add green laser. I don't want to give any overly zealous prosecutor, who thinks civilians shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun any reason to say to the jury that I modified the gun to make it more deadly.

Can you give an example of this ever happening anywhere ?

Back