testtest

Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been remedied. That being said, were I not alert and relying on provided tools… I’d probably rather throw it than fire it.
Well, 45 inch lbs is a bit excessive. Was there blue Loctite on it ?

My SOP for installing these screws is first of all no LocTite. Then usually between 15-18 inch lbs on cleaned dry screws. Most manufacturers have torque specs available on line.

For the record, if I was to buy a Hellcat OSP I would probably not buy one with their optic installed on it.

Well, 45 inch lbs is a bit excessive. Was there blue Loctite on it ?

My SOP for installing these screws is first of all no LocTite. Then usually between 15-18 inch lbs on cleaned dry screws. Most manufacturers have torque specs available on line.

For the record, if I was to buy a Hellcat OSP I would probably not buy one with their optic installed on it.
It took 45 inch pounds to remove it. The included “wrench” merely attempted to cam out. It was ridiculous. I managed to ditch the “wrench” and used my torque driver to remove it. Yeah, I prefer dry to torque myself. .

Another thing I learned ( the hard way of course) is not to use Torx bits to remove gun screws. Even the ones supplied in Wheeler kits are weak and will break. And the bits you buy at the hardware store are weak and don't fit properly. I have a hardened set of dedicated Torx drivers.

Your opinion is of course valid. However name calling is explicitly against forum rules. Your post has been edited and locked. Play by the rules please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back