testtest

Hello from Miami

Hi members,

I just bought a M1A NM stainless steel barrel from Buds. So I have a few question to ask. I would like to know if it comes with a carrying case soft or hard. Also what the best mags for the rifle.

Thank you for your time
Rick
Hey Rick, welcome. Can't speak for all M1A purchases out there, but mine bought at a LGS some time ago, came in a nice soft case. I'd like to say it came with 2 SA 20 round mags. SA was running the Gear Up Promotion that gave me another 3 SA 20 rounders at no cost. Hope this was helpful.

Hi members,

I just bought a M1A NM stainless steel barrel from Buds. So I have a few question to ask. I would like to know if it comes with a carrying case soft or hard. Also what the best mags for the rifle.

Thank you for your time
Rick
Welcome! That's a great rifle. Expect a very nice soft case and a 10 round mag. That thing will be lights out a long way out. It's a great rifle. If you can find Federal 168 gr Gold Medal ammo I highly recommend it.

I'd recommend the mags from Springfield. I bought several and they work great. You can't go wrong with OEM.

Go exercise your new M1 with a nice hog hunt.

I don't like to eat wild hogs, here in Florida you can shoot them all year round on private land. I help the farmer keep them out of there crops. Florida hog are nasty animals full of ticks and the big male taste horrible. I bring the boys from the department and set up on 2 edges of there field. Thermal image scopes with a Remington 700 338 Lapua mounted on a tripod. Easy 250yds shots all night. On a good night maybe 10 to 15 hogs all sizes. In the morning the farmer picks them up and he keeps some and rest he donates to the local church's. Oh we all use suppressors so will don't wake up the whole county.

I don't like to eat wild hogs, here in Florida you can shoot them all year round on private land. I help the farmer keep them out of there crops. Florida hog are nasty animals full of ticks and the big male taste horrible. I bring the boys from the department and set up on 2 edges of there field. Thermo image scopes with a Remington 700 338 Lapua mounted on a tripod. Easy 250yds shots all night. On a good night maybe 10 to 15 hogs all sizes. In the morning the farmer picks them up and he keeps some and rest he donates to the local church's. Oh we all use suppressors so will don't wake up the whole county.
Nice
I’m and avid Thermal hog hunter in TX myself. Under 100lb sows are very tasty, btw. Marinate and grill. You would be surprised. Agreed, boars are nasty

We smoke them in the ground in an old porcelain tub almost all day long. By the time late afternoon, early evening hits we put it on the grill for a little bit and then it’s ready to eat. I’m not kidding when I tell you it’s the most tender meat, more so than ANY filet you have ever had. No I’m hungry for some hogs....

skin on or off? Do you eat boars too?

I have a farmer asking for help on his Ranch. He had some hog go under his fence and now there rooting up his fields. He thinking maybe 2 to 3 hog if anyone want to come, your welcome to come. its one hour south from Orlando mid state in Polk county.

skin on or off? Do you eat boars too?

I have a farmer asking for help on his Ranch. He had some hog go under his fence and now there rooting up his fields. He thinking maybe 2 to 3 hog if anyone want to come, your welcome to come. its one hour south from Orlando mid state in Polk county.

Gut it, skin it and smoke it. Put your preferred rub on it. Skinning it is what we do and is the preferred way by most of your smoking a hog. I/we smoke boats so long they aren’t large. I’d maybe make a trip down there if I could fit it in my schedule. Appreciate the offer.

I like the crisp skin for the hog. So I cut a 55gal drum in half throw it in a big wood fire and fill it with water. When the water boils I throw in the whole pig. In 15 minutes I will pull it out and with a BBQ lava rock cleaning stone. I rub the hair right off. Then I start the cooking process.

Back