testtest

Hello from new Member, and an Operator question.

McGanksta

Operator
First the introduction:

I have been reading post on this forum for a while, just decided to join.
I am a fully retired Army MP of 20 years, my first personal firearm was a SS Springfield Govt 1911, and have never looked back.

I sold of my pistol collection in 2008, and I am just now getting back to rebuilding it.
Currently shooting a SA Ronin Commander in 9mm, it will be for my wife once I get her trained and confident.
She is already a great shot, but her father built a lot of fear into her around firearms, so we are working to overcome that.

Native Texan, Colorado resident.
Please don't let the screen name full you, it is a 15-year running joke from my gaming days.

Now the question.

Looking for a pistol to put a Red Dot and light on, I have a few boxes that need to be checked:
1. Gov 1911 - 45ACP
2. Rail
3. All if not mostly black
4. Under $1500 out the door.
Currently considering the Sig Tac Operator, Sig 1911 X line-up, and the SA Operator.

Does anyone know, and this is just for information, what if any MiM parts are on the Operator? I makes no difference to me at all, it is not a deal breaker, but I am curious, after the use of MiM on the TRP, I figure there is some in the Operator as well.

Thank you all for your time!

Hello, and welcome also a MP for 10+ years... Civilian LEO for 20+ retired now.

I have the new Sig 1911 X on order so can't answer that one yet.

But I do have the SA TRP Operator and I originally started with the Shield Sight SMSc 4MOA compact mini sight but my aging eyes couldn't handle the single dot so I moved up to the Shield with a red dot and circle. Now I've been an iron sight guy for over 50 years so still learning and getting use to red dots. So couldn't say yet what is beeter IMO.

I also have a switchable Surefire Tac light for real world use but have a Viridian light/laser combo with a built-in camera for house clearing drills and training.

I'll let you know about my Sig X any day now.

Good Luck.

First the introduction:

I am a fully retired Army MP of 20 years, my first personal firearm was a SS Springfield Govt 1911, and have never looked back.

I sold of my pistol collection in 2008, and I am just now getting back to rebuilding it.
Currently shooting a SA Ronin Commander in 9mm, it will be for my wife once I get her trained and confident.
She is already a great shot, but her father built a lot of fear into her around firearms, so we are working to overcome that.

Please don't let the screen name full you, it is a 15-year running joke from my gaming days.

Now the question.

Looking for a pistol to put a Red Dot and light on, I have a few boxes that need to be checked:
1. Gov 1911 - 45ACP
2. Rail
Currently considering the Sig Tac Operator, Sig 1911 X line-up, and the SA Operator.

Does anyone know, and this is just for information, what if any MiM parts are on the Operator? I makes no difference to me at all, it is not a deal breaker, but I am curious, after the use of MiM on the TRP, I figure there is some in the Operator as well.

Welcome to from Ohio, I kinda figure there are MIM internals in the TRP and Operator, unless you get say a Ed Brown, Les Baer and such which are very high end 1911’s which don’t use MIM, and other manufacturers will use them, nothing wrong with MIM, but if you do a trigger job, you have to be very careful on them due to the MIM is only surfaced hardened.

Welcome to from Ohio, I kinda figure there are MIM internals in the TRP and Operator, unless you get say a Ed Brown, Les Baer and such which are very high end 1911’s which don’t use MIM, and other manufacturers will use them, nothing wrong with MIM, but if you do a trigger job, you have to be very careful on them due to the MIM is only surfaced hardened.
I have $4k+ Ed Brown build sheet saves to my documents, a Commander sized railed Special Forces with a few other upgrades...it is my Holy Grail right now!

I am not worried about MIM, I was just asking a question, my Ronin has it, I love my Ronin!

Only issue with the Sig is it is S80 I believe....and twice the price of the Operator
Yea, my Sig has the series 80, mine is a discontinued model bought new, one of the last that actually has machined steel internals, not all that fond of a rail on a 1911, but I wanted a Sig IMG_0184.jpeg

Plenty of fans of SA 1911s here. I personally would avoid most of them myself, but I base my opinion on mostly threads here where guys are having issues with them, not on any actual experience with them because I have none. So take it for what it’s worth.
I am a fan of SA's 1911, or at least the 2 I have owned. my current 1911 is a SA Ronin, but it is a 9mm and will be my wife's gun after a few more range days, and she has more confidence in her abilities.

First the introduction:

Now the question.

1. Gov 1911 - 45ACP
2. Rail

Pretty much all small parts are MIM on all Springfield 1911’s outside of the Professional.

Yea, my Sig has the series 80, mine is a discontinued model bought new, one of the last that actually has machined steel internals, not all that fond of a rail on a 1911, but I wanted a SigView attachment 54299
That’s pretty nice - how’s it shoot ? Or how well do you feel you can you shoot it ? Just looking for your impressions cuz the money trees don’t grow too well ‘round here .

First the introduction:

Now the question.

1. Gov 1911 - 45ACP
2. Rail

Welcome to the funny farm, McG, from western NY. Always nice to get to know new victims, er, I mean, members. 😋

First the introduction:

Now the question.

1. Gov 1911 - 45ACP
2. Rail

Were you by any chance around Hillary when she landed under fire- LOOOL? I have an MP friend that was there

Back