testtest

Help me identify this

TAmaral

Alpha
I’m hoping someone here can tell me what this particular sight or barrel attachment is called and possibly who makes it. I can’t find anything that looks like it or anything about how it functions or anything. I don’t see any markings on it either. Is it meant to hold another piece of a laser sight or something? It’s was on the gun when I purchased it a couple months ago. Please help!!
1D52166A-1CA5-4CA8-9E97-5765C2650523.jpeg

Hi,

I always thought the vent rib barrel was standard for the S&W 686. (Is that the right model? Sorry, this old noob is not that experienced with revolvers.) On shotguns they help dissipate the heat. But on revolvers they just kinda look cool. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I always thought the vent rib barrel was standard for the S&W 686. (Is that the right model? Sorry, this old noob is not that experienced with revolvers.) On shotguns they help dissipate the heat. But on revolvers they just kinda look cool. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Yes it is a 686. I’m unsure if it is standard or not. I have not seen another one that looks like it so I assume it’s custom.

I'm just guessing, but it looks like some custom work. A modified target sight rail with a fancy adjustable rear sight and heavy vent rib, probably to absorb recoil. Not an aftermarket item, but a (perhaps unique) custom modification.
That’s what I was afraid someone was going to say is that it’s custom work. Mainly because I have no idea how it operates. After firing several test rounds I believe it’s hitting low so I’m unsure how to proceed with adjusting it. Ugh.

I’m hoping someone here can tell me what this particular sight or barrel attachment is called and possibly who makes it. I can’t find anything that looks like it or anything about how it functions or anything. I don’t see any markings on it either. Is it meant to hold another piece of a laser sight or something? It’s was on the gun when I purchased it a couple months ago. Please help!!View attachment 25256
Looks like an old competition revolver to me. Actually might even be a new competiton revolver as I am not up to date on my shooting games.

Back