testtest

Help me pick

Hello,

I'm looking for a 9mm handgun for home defense with a threaded barrel. So far the Springfield XD-M ELITE 4.5′′ OSP and the FN509 Tactical are at the top of my list. One major consideration is how the pistol will fit in my hand. The problem is that I live hundreds of miles from a major gun store that would carry either of them, let alone both. I'm looking for information on:

1. Trigger reach.

2. Grip circumference with the smallest grip insert.

I am a woman, 5'5" with average size hands.

PS I am open to looking at QUALITY offerings from other manufacturers.

Cz 75 Urban grey suppressor ready

Its shoots and handles fantastic.

Suppressor height sights.
Smaller grip diameter
17 rounds

I have smaller hands and it fits perfect.

Link to CZ:
E588C8EF-EBD3-4EDE-8FAB-D2E097F3AC60.jpeg

Hello,

I'm looking for a 9mm handgun for home defense with a threaded barrel. So far the Springfield XD-M ELITE 4.5′′ OSP and the FN509 Tactical are at the top of my list. One major consideration is how the pistol will fit in my hand. The problem is that I live hundreds of miles from a major gun store that would carry either of them, let alone both. I'm looking for information on:

1. Trigger reach.

BTW .. welcome to the forum 👍

Hello,

1. Trigger reach.

H&K VP9. Interchangeable grip panels ( side and back) virtually guarantee a perfect fit for any hands. Hands down, my opinion ( and at least one other person's here) the best all around striker fired pistol currently made. The tactical version comes with a threaded barrel.

And welcome to the forum.

Here's a picture of my P07 with threaded barrel and suppressor height night sights. It holds 17+1 rounds and it's a hammer fired that comes with a decocker and includes the parts to change the decocker to a manual safety if preferred. Also there's 3 different size back straps to tailor the pistol to your fit.

20211113_174301~2.jpg

Last edited:
H&K VP9. Interchangeable grip panels ( side and back) virtually guarantee a perfect fit for any hands. Hands down, my opinion ( and at least one other person's here) the best all around striker fired pistol currently made. The tactical version comes with a threaded barrel.

And welcome to the forum.
I will second the VP9 and welcome to the forum. It has a fantastic trigger also. Welcome.

If ya got the money in hand then you really need to make the trip to a gun store if only to hold it in your hand before you purchase. You can read all about it, research it from now to earth's end and get recommendations till the cows come home but none of that is worth a hill of beans if you purchase a weapon that you find you don't want to carry. Even without shooting them (highly recommended if you can find a range that rents handguns) when you put it in your hands the right gun will just feel right. It can't be explained because its different for everyone. Good luck in your quest my friend.

Hello,

1. Trigger reach.

Welcome, aboard.

If ya got the money in hand then you really need to make the trip to a gun store if only to hold it in your hand before you purchase. You can read all about it, research it from now to earth's end and get recommendations till the cows come home but none of that is worth a hill of beans if you purchase a weapon that you find you don't want to carry. Even without shooting them (highly recommended if you can find a range that rents handguns) when you put it in your hands the right gun will just feel right. It can't be explained because its different for everyone. Good luck in your quest my friend.
Exactly

She states she is a long way from the LGS. Not everyone has stores at their ready in big suburbia

Hello,

1. Trigger reach.

I also will highly recommend a HK VP9 Tactical. The grip has 27 possible configurations (3 back straps, 3 left side panels, 3 right side panels), one of the best triggers in a striker available, is optics ready, and is an overall high quality pistol.

Grip circumference, trigger reach, etc will vary on which grip panels/back strap you are using, but I’ve used my VP9’s to teach several of my friends wives or girlfriends to shoot; even those with very petite hands can find a fit. Usually, the medium back strap/thin panels work well, or else the thin back strap with thin panels.

Last edited:
Back