testtest

Henry AR-7 — The Go Anywhere Survival Rifle

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Weighing just 3.5 pounds, this easily and discreetly portable rifle is 16.5 inches long when all the components are stowed. Stowed where? Tucked into its own buttstock, of course! When the components are broken down, they fit into the buttstock, which is water and impact resistant.

1645397680603.png

I've got one of these in 9mm and it folds into neat little package. It's not designed for the same purpose as the Henry AR-7, but it makes for a handy carbine.​

s2k-right-1-1.jpg

Welcome to the fold! You’re looking at a semi-automatic folding carbine that comes with more pistol magazine options than a cat has lives. Offered in 9mm or .40cal, the SUB2000 picks up where handguns leave off. Folded, it tucks away nicely in situations where space is limited, but it’s quick to deploy in situations where time is of the essence.

I've got one of these in 9mm and it folds into neat little package. It's not designed for the same purpose as the Henry AR-7, but it makes for a handy carbine.​

s2k-right-1-1.jpg

Welcome to the fold! You’re looking at a semi-automatic folding carbine that comes with more pistol magazine options than a cat has lives. Offered in 9mm or .40cal, the SUB2000 picks up where handguns leave off. Folded, it tucks away nicely in situations where space is limited, but it’s quick to deploy in situations where time is of the essence.
That’s pretty cool also price is not bad at all neat little package. My ruger pc carbine in a 9 breaks in half to fit in a back pack but that little 22 is a cool little deal

Weighing just 3.5 pounds, this easily and discreetly portable rifle is 16.5 inches long when all the components are stowed. Stowed where? Tucked into its own buttstock, of course! When the components are broken down, they fit into the buttstock, which is water and impact resistant.

View attachment 25003
Those slick little things have been around for years by several manufacturers. Henry is the third I can think of and if run true to form it's going to be one of the best variants. It's one of those guns that every time I see one I tell myself I will get one, but so dar, not done.

s2k-right-1-1.jpg

A face only a mother could love 😜😉

s2k-right-1-1.jpg

Got one also, in green… great concept; haven’t gone thru enough rds to know its quirks or reliability…

That’s pretty cool also price is not bad at all neat little package. My ruger pc carbine in a 9 breaks in half to fit in a back pack but that little 22 is a cool little deal
I have the Ruger 10/22 Davidson distributor exclusive in stainless steel and it come with the Magpul backpacker stock, 4 10 round mags with 1 in the receiver and 3 in a flip top compartment in the stock which also locks the barrel to the stock for storage. I feel the Ruger is a much better choice and it's a tack driver.

20210129_181800-jpg.25011
Screenshot_20220220-212315_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220220-212246_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• 20210129_181800.jpg
    20210129_181800.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 527
Last edited:
I have the Ruger 10/22 Davidson distributor exclusive in stainless steel and it come with the Magpul backpacker stock, 4 10 round mags with 1 in the receiver and 3 in a flip top compartment in the stock which also locks the barrel to the stock for storage. I feel the Ruger is a much better choice and it's a tack driver.

View attachment 25012View attachment 25013
10 that is bad ass compact 💩 just by the looks of it lot better quality with ruger

I have owned the Henry AR7, a Ruger 10-22 Takedown, and a 9mm KelTec Sub 2000. The AR7 is a cool concept. The fact that it floats (when packed in the buttstock) makes it a good choice for a boat gun. I bought the AR7 years before Ruger released the 10-22 Takedown. Between the two, the Takedown is a better all-around rifle. I like them both, but the Takedown is more accurate and has a tremendous amount of available accessories (like the 25-round magazine).

The Sub-2000 was more of an impulse purchase because the concept was interesting and the price was low. It works as advertised and is very portable. Unfortunately, it just isn't comfortable for me to shoot. It may be partially due to my bad neck, but I have to hold the Sub-2000 in an awkward position that forces the tube into my cheek in order to see the sights. I'm not saying it's a bad gun, it's just not a good fit for me.

View attachment 25012View attachment 25013
The Ruger is sweet but it still does not match the footprint of the AR7. I think both ARE viable options. But if I was buying just one for a pack emergency weapon on a back packing hunt or for my saddlebags on horseback it would be the AR7.

The Ruger is sweet but it still does not match the footprint of the AR7. I think both ARE viable options. But if I was buying just one for a pack emergency weapon on a back packing hunt or for my saddlebags on horseback it would be the AR7.
I guess it comes down to personal preference though I would recommend finding a side by side comparison for each rifle to see the actual size difference between them.

We are talking about a literally a couple of inch's of overall length between the two considering the more streamline narrow stock of the 10/22 compared to the traditional rifle stock of the AR-7 which puts both of these rifles very close in the as far as width is concerned. The Ruger is a lot faster to assemble, has fiber optic sights, a threaded barrel for mounting a suppressor, it's made with extremely durable stainless steel, & carries 40 rounds of loaded magazines between the receiver and butt stock storage compartment plus there's additional storage for another 50 rounds of loose ammo in a watertight grip compartment and an infinite amount of aftermarket support for the 10/22 from replacement parts to major upgrades.

My friend up the road has that little Henry and 3 other Henry lever actions. He has said they are mine when he passes.
That sounds good and bad with losing a friend to get a few free rifles. Hopefully as far as friendship goes it's a very long time before you inherit them. And I mean that with the utmost respect to you and your friend.

I guess it comes down to personal preference though I would recommend finding a side by side comparison for each rifle to see the actual size difference between them.

We are talking about a literally a couple of inch's of overall length between the two considering the more streamline narrow stock of the 10/22 compared to the traditional rifle stock of the AR-7 which puts both of these rifles very close in the as far as width is concerned. The Ruger is a lot faster to assemble, has fiber optic sights, a threaded barrel for mounting a suppressor, it's made with extremely durable stainless steel, & carries 40 rounds of loaded magazines between the receiver and butt stock storage compartment plus there's additional storage for another 50 rounds of loose ammo in a watertight grip compartment and an infinite amount of aftermarket support for the 10/22 from replacement parts to major upgrades.
I find them both to be excellant choices. I have seen both close up and had the chance to compare them, and I certainly would take either one. The Ruger has some definite advantages and would definitely be my choice for vehicular kit use.

But sometimes weight and size just do matter. When a few ounces of weight or smaller size matter like backpacking, my old arthretic back makes counting ounces important these days, and I do still do backpack hunts and horseback so I know which I would choose.

Really until this point my Single six has been the reason for passing on one thus far. Speaking of which my nephew still has my single six that he borrowed. Better talk to that boy.

Last edited:
I find them both to be excellant choices. I have seen both close up and had the chance to compare them, and I certainly would take either one. The Ruger has some definite advantages and would definitely be my choice for vehicular kit use.

But sometimes weight and size just do matter. When a few ounces of weight or smaller size matter like backpacking, my old arthretic back makes counting ounces important these days, and I do still do backpack hunts and horseback so I know which I would choose.

Really until this point my Single six has been the reason for passing on one thus far. Speaking of which my nephew still has my single six that he borrowed. Better talk to that boy.
That is a very respectable well thought out reasoning as to why you prefer the AR-7 and I can respect that. I do have the AR-7 on my list of future purchases to make at some point because I do like collecting small backpack firearms.

That is a very respectable well thought out reasoning as to why you prefer the AR-7 and I can respect that. I do have the AR-7 on my list of future purchases to make at some point because I do like collecting small backpack firearms.
Does not take away from the 10/22 platform. I think it is the most versatile, rugged and overall single best buy in a 22 riffe there is. The only reason I do not currently own one is my ancient Marlins and Ruger Single Six have served my .22 needs well.

Last edited:
That sounds good and bad with losing a friend to get a few free rifles. Hopefully as far as friendship goes it's a very long time before you inherit them. And I mean that with the utmost respect to you and your friend.
Unfortunately he’s in the ICU now. He’s an old guy with diabetes and heart problems. I’ve known him 23 years. His wife has cancer. Me and my wife have been taking care of them because their daughter is a waste of skin and their grandkids are all just as bad. I sure hope not to inherit them just yet.

Back